Creating a language specific link

Started by DenDen60, May 26, 2016, 11:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenDen60

I want to create a link that will send people directly to the register page of my forum. However, I want it to be language specific.

For example, if I send an email to my contacts who are french, I want the link to bring them to the French Registered page.

Unfortunately if I copy the link it only includes :

index.php?action=register

Is there a code I could add at the end of this that would force the French, the English or the Spanish registration page?

Thanks
Denis

margarett

How would you create that link?

You can just create a link to your forum and append it the language you want to have, eg: www.yourforum.com/index.php?action=register;lang=portuguese

Then using a tweak in Sources/Register.php you should be able to load the language passed by URL.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DenDen60

Thanks Margaret,

Quote from: margarett on May 29, 2016, 05:52:07 PM
How would you create that link?

You can just create a link to your forum and append it the language you want to have, eg: www.yourforum.com/index.php?action=register;lang=portuguese

Then using a tweak in Sources/Register.php you should be able to load the language passed by URL.

I tried the action=register;lang=spanish or french and it did not worked.

However, I have not tweaked the Sources/Register.php file. What tweak should I do?

Antes

If your forum is UTF8 you need to add -utf8 to the end of the link like "?language=turkish-utf8"

Arantor

You don't need to make a tweak; changing the language is supported out of the box if you have multiple languages installed...

Advertisement: