News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Profile Logs

Started by skb, May 27, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

A member on our forum claims that someone uploaded her picture as avatar, and that she did not do it. The moderators don't agree with that. Using track user / Activity / Profile edits we are only able to see the text fields changed / edited. Is there a log for avatar updates somewhere ?

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

Your site's raw access logs show all activities via url & IP - you just have to tie them together to get your proof.

skb

Thanks. Open with Notepad ? That's a lot of data to sift through. Notepad ++ Got it.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Deprecated

It is ridiculously easy to change almost anything if you are a knowledgeable admin with access to the forum's database and files. In fact if you know SMF, phpMyAdmin and have FTP access, there is almost no limit to what you can do, and no record of it, particularly since you can alter records too.

The moderation log? Can't delete the last 24 hours? Uh, yeah, unless you can access the database. :)

In some cases I've even edited PMs after I sent them! ;)

Actually you SHOULD be able to edit sent PMs at least until the recipient has read them. There's a mod package idea for somebody.

br360

Quote from: Deprecated on May 27, 2016, 09:45:52 PM

Actually you SHOULD be able to edit sent PMs at least until the recipient has read them. There's a mod package idea for somebody.

That mod already exists. ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=521508.0

Advertisement: