News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Version 2.0.11 and Microsoft Edge Browser

Started by spitfire80, May 27, 2016, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire80

Hello All,

We recently (and finally) did an upgrade of our forum software to version 2.0.11.   

I wanted to ask, as a couple members have posted this same question. Have there been any reported issues/bugs with this version of the SMF software and using the Microsoft Edge Browser for Windows 10, with it not fully functioning, in these ways:

One member posted that all the smilies, insert img tags, link buttons, youtube (flash icon) - basically that all the icons/buttons don't work, at least for him. One other member said that some of the smiley emoticons also dont work and cant be posted either for him, using this browser.

So i wanted to ask you all here if there was some compatibility or plug in issue, with this particular brower that might have been noticed by others?

Are there some browsers (like can be for many websites or forums) that work better, or not as well with this version of the SMF software?

Thanks much!

Jeff

spitfire80

Thanks much!

Good to know there seems to be an issue they are working on. And the clearing the cache idea might be a simple fix, too.

Will keep the board here posted.

lurkalot

Quote from: spitfire80 on May 27, 2016, 02:02:55 PM
Thanks much!

Good to know there seems to be an issue they are working on. And the clearing the cache idea might be a simple fix, too.

Will keep the board here posted.

Think you need to apply the fix mentioned in that thread before you clear your browser cache.  In other words, apply the fix, and if it still doesn't work, clear your browser cache. ;)

Personally, I just use anything other than Edge. ;)

spitfire80

Truthfully, with so many browsers that are available, for both Windows and Mac, I totally agree with you.

Just use a browser that has worked in the past.  :D

Advertisement: