News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Quick question about logging in?

Started by Grammy, May 27, 2016, 04:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

I'm still kicking the tires on SMF.   :)

Things are going well, no errors or glitches, but I'm curious...  when a new user clicks the activation link and then logs in, should they land on the forum page, if the portal is enabled?  I kind of thought the portal would be the "front door", but I notice that when I approve a new test user and then the test user logs in for the first time, they bypass the portal completely and just land smack dab into the forum.  I guess that's okay...  but is that normal?  I put a lot of work into that front page, dang it!   :D

lurkalot

Grammy

This week?  (Ha!)  I'm testing SimplePortal.  The weird thing is that it doesn't do that for me.  I don't see how the browser could be causing it but do you think that's a possibility?  (I have test users log on with different browsers than the one I'm on.)  I'm Firefox.  Testers are on Chrome, Safari, OmniWeb and Opera.  Right now, I've only tested logins with Safari and Chrome.

lurkalot

Quote from: Grammy on May 27, 2016, 04:35:24 PM
This week?  (Ha!)  I'm testing SimplePortal.  The weird thing is that it doesn't do that for me.  I don't see how the browser could be causing it but do you think that's a possibility?  (I have test users log on with different browsers than the one I'm on.)  I'm Firefox.  Testers are on Chrome, Safari, OmniWeb and Opera.  Right now, I've only tested logins with Safari and Chrome.

Ok, in that case I'm not sure.  I know in Tinyportal you have settings for this,

"How to redirect after login:  Redirect to forum / Redirect to frontpage"

Perhaps SP has the same settings somewhere.

Grammy

Quote from: lurkalot on May 27, 2016, 04:39:59 PM

Ok, in that case I'm not sure.  I know in Tinyportal you have settings for this,

"How to redirect after login:  Redirect to forum / Redirect to frontpage"

Perhaps SP has the same settings somewhere.

Aha!   That was the culprit!  Thanks so much, lurkalot!   :)

Advertisement: