News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need help with the repair tool

Started by samouw, May 28, 2016, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samouw

I've just moved our forum from the previous hosting site to a new hosting site (our primary domain was hijacked).

I've followed all the steps and have everything uploaded, but when I fill out the database information in the repair tool, the "save" option is not enabled.

For all of the fields in the database section, there is a "Value Not Found!" warning and I am getting the following warning at the bottom (note, path removed)

chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/.../repair_settings.php on line 703

I have changed the Attributes for repair_settings.php to read/write, but I'm still getting this error.

Help!

Kindred

sounds like your Settings.php has completely incorrect values

are you running repair_settings.php in THE SAME folder as your root forum directory? (and confirm that Settings.php is present and chmod writable *644, 664 or 666 depending on the host
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

samouw

Yes, I confirmed that settings.php is in the same folder as the repair file.  I'll verify the CH MOD settings.

samouw

Quote from: Kindred on May 28, 2016, 06:25:18 PM
sounds like your Settings.php has completely incorrect values

are you running repair_settings.php in THE SAME folder as your root forum directory? (and confirm that Settings.php is present and chmod writable *644, 664 or 666 depending on the host

Here are the attributes for settings.php

Kindred

Ugh... That's a Windows server, isn't it?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on May 28, 2016, 10:03:25 PM

cant be as it says it is 644, windows servers would not have that value.

samouw

I usually set up websites on a Linux server, but I'll check that.  This is a new domain.

If settings.php is hosed (which it could be since I used Installatron - and I should have known better), then wouldn't the best thing to do just re-install, manually, the smf package and then try to link the new install to the backed up database from the old site?

samouw

Quote from: Illori on May 29, 2016, 06:15:18 AM
Quote from: Kindred on May 28, 2016, 10:03:25 PM

cant be as it says it is 644, windows servers would not have that value.

Actually, it shows 664, not 644. :)

Kindred

Oh yeah...   I didn't see the 664 at the very bottom....  Right. So, Linux after all.

You can manually edit Settings.php (which is part of what repair_settings.php is trying to do, but can not seem to finish.

Open settings.php in your host editor or a text editor and manually set the URLs and paths to the new location.  Manually set the database info...  Then try running repair_settings.php again to set the values which have been previously saves to the database
Слaва
Украинi

samouw

Ok, I've edited the Settings.php file in Notepad++ and uploaded the changes.  Now, at least the repair.php file has "Save" enabled, but when I click on Save, I'm still getting an error that the database information is not correct.

What is the table prefix?  In the old Settings.php file, it showed "mb_", but looking at the actual database, all table prefixes are "smf".  I've tried both and neither are working.

BTW - thanks for all your help, Kindred!

samouw

Reloaded the database, verified all users and passwords, set the table prefix to "smf_" which is what is showing on the actual tables.  Still getting,

"Some settings are not being shown because the database connection information is incorrect.
Check your database login details, table prefix and that the database actually contains your SMF tables. "

Ugh!

Kindred

hmmm.....

who is your new host?
What are you using for the database connection information (please list everything except the password)
Слaва
Украинi

samouw

Our new host is godaddy.com [nofollow], moved from omnis.com [nofollow]

Here is what is in Settings.php - minus the password

<?php
$set = array();
$set['db_host'] = 'localhost';
$set['db_name'] = 'amera001_simple_machines_27750';
$set['db_pass'] = '***********';
$set['db_port'] = '';
$set['db_socket'] = '';
$set['db_user'] = 'amera001';
$set['dbtype'] = 'mysql';
$set['prefix'] = 'mb_';
$set['installed'] = '1';
?>

Kindred

yeah...  IIRC, godaddy is somewhat screwy in their setup for databases and either the host or the db name is something bizarre because they have their databases on a completely different server
Слaва
Украинi

samouw

I verified all the information with godaddy techs earlier today. I can access the database through myphp, but the software and the database are not speaking to each other.

There is over 10 years of information, history, and archives in that forum, I can't just start over.

Can anyone help?

Kindred

I am virtually certain that the information provided is NOT correct for a godaddy database.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to confirm on the one godaddy site that I admin until tomorrow night
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

as far as i know godaddy does not use localhost for their database server, so that has be changed to some other server name/address.

samouw

I confirmed the information listed in the settings.php file with godaddy technical support.  I also installed another copy of simple machine forum in a test directory, just to see how their settings.php was setup and it did say "localhost". 

Advertisement: