News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post order

Started by antler, May 29, 2016, 01:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antler

Is there a way of changing the order of posts on a board? I was preparing some information and a user posted ahead of me.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Switch the timestamps in the smf_messages?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

I don't think the system actually uses timestamps to sort... it uses ID, I think...   
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Correct, it uses IDs because that's actually faster to process (especially on InnoDB)

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you switch the IDs?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Not really because you need to consume a third ID to get around that because the ID is a primary key, meaning you can't have two rows of the same value at the same time.

I personally wouldn't want to even try it.

antler

I actually set my PC back to an earlier date and re-posted my info. It does work that way. Thanks for trying
Al

Arantor

skb

There was another topic on the subject
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=546058.msg3876022#msg3876022
I'm also waiting for further developments on that.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

That topic is about ordering topics in a board; this one is about ordering posts in a topic.

Illori

Quote from: antler on May 29, 2016, 09:53:13 PM
I actually set my PC back to an earlier date and re-posted my info. It does work that way. Thanks for trying
Al

changing the date or time on your system will not change the date/time on the server where that info is taken from.

Advertisement: