News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Locating my website file using firebug

Started by johnpaul2k2, May 30, 2016, 05:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpaul2k2

please, i know this is smf affairs but i have issue which may affect everyone as well.
i was able to locate my file using firebug but there is not file url location.
please who will help me?

Kindred

that doesn't look like and SMF template fiel...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Kindred on May 30, 2016, 04:02:58 PM
that doesn't look like and SMF template fiel...

i have missed you my dear friend

i know it's not smf ( said that on my first post ). i am only asking for help

please is there any other one easier than firebug to locate url?

please help

Antechinus

That's just a phone number. Why would you expect to see a url there?

CrimeS

Are you looking for like an index.template.php file?

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: CrimeS on May 30, 2016, 06:17:53 PM
Are you looking for like an index.template.php file?

yes friend
there was a time i used firebug to get the actual location i want in my cpanel but now i have forgotten everything  :(

i search within the theme to see index.template.php but no way

Kindred

In short, no...

Basically, the HTML is generated at the server side and everything is provided through the Indeed.php file.

However, that's how smf works...   We have no clue at all how whatever script that is might work...  It could be any of a dozen ways... And, your best bet is to ask whoever the author of that script is...   This site is for the support of smf and we have no clue and no interest in trying to debug other scripts.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Kindred on May 30, 2016, 09:19:01 PM
In short, no...

Basically, the HTML is generated at the server side and everything is provided through the Indeed.php file.

However, that's how smf works...   We have no clue at all how whatever script that is might work...  It could be any of a dozen ways... And, your best bet is to ask whoever the author of that script is...   This site is for the support of smf and we have no clue and no interest in trying to debug other scripts.

thanks my good friend
since i cannot identify this, is there a way to use firebug or developer's tool which was my main aim of creating this thread.
of course i know it's not smf but i am looking for a way to use a tool and trace the location

Kindred

once again... it really depends on how the script is built.  In SMF, no, not really...  If this other script is like SMF... then also, no, not really  but you have to ask the developer of THAT script.
Слaва
Украинi

suhaneankit

I can help you to find it but only if you can clear you question. Can you tell me exactly what you want to do after finding url of specific file?
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

johnpaul2k2

thanks everyone
i did it myself and succeed ;D

now, marked as solved

Advertisement: