Integrating CKEditor into SMF creates bugs

Started by Lukkie1998, May 31, 2016, 08:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukkie1998

Hi guys,

I'm working on a CKEditor import on my SMF forum.  The current problem is that pressing the quote button breaks the editor.
Is there someone here who has experience with CKEditor and/or maybe knows what file I have to edit?

Lukkie1998

Arantor

How does it break it? Do you get an error in the console?

Were you planning on having it convert back to bbcode? What happens if you have tags in the editor that SMF wouldn't allow? CKEditor does really need some safety measures on the server to prevent abuse which will also need to be dealt with as they won't work correctly with SMF's own security.

Lukkie1998

Pressing the quote button on a post disables CKeditor and doesn't insert the quote:

It is using the BBCode plugin to convert all the HTML to BBC. The CKEditor quote button () does work like it should, just not the quote button on a post or the "inster quote" on the posting page.

Forgot to take a look at the console before, it says:
Quoteplugin.js?t=G4CD:337 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of null

Lukkie1998

Arantor

Lukkie1998

Not sure, it doesn't tell me. But i think it's the BBCode plugin.js. I think i know what the problem is, just gotta find the way to fix it inside the .js. I've noticed that whenever I put a quote in with some parameters (author, time) it crashes the editor.

Lukkie1998

Advertisement: