News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

portal suggestions?

Started by diane_tt, October 27, 2005, 06:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane_tt

hello! i'm so sorry if this is in the wrong board. i should of placed in chit-chat no? i'm looking at portals and would like to know suggestions of what you have that works best with smf?

i love this site very much : http://www.rkls.com/ but i do not like phpbb at all!  >:(

thank you very much for all suggestions and comments. thank you in advance!

gerrymore

The one that undoubtably works best with SMF is Tiny Portal ( www.tinyportal.net ). But this is still in beta testing. It is actually a mod written exclusively for SMF (istalls via the package manager). I use it in conjuction with the static page mod, and coppermine and have a perfectly seamless site, all based off the SMF database. Have a look at the link above. There are much more features that they have at present planned for the future.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

diane_tt

waow! can install with the package manager?! i love that! thank you gerrymore so much for quick reponse. how long have you used it? it looks promising!  :D

edit :

bloc just changed the theme of the page as i was looking at it so now i can't see where i could download it. :(

gerrymore

Easy. Change it back via your profile. The themes change there when you look a a board about a theme so you see the one you are reading about. I've had it fo a while during testing and hed very little errors with it. Each new release cures the errors that members telll Bloc about.

diane_tt

wheeeeeeeeeee XD. this sounds great! hope i get to accepted! thank you again for your help! good day  ;)

ericmn

I loved tinyportal, but it seems little bit unreliable... that tells me "Don't use it till it become famous"...
By the way, where do u download it??? from the package manager?? don't see it....
still wandering in tinyportal.net [nofollow]...  ::)

gerrymore

bloc

Quote from: ericmn on October 28, 2005, 02:07:28 AM
I loved tinyportal, but it seems little bit unreliable... that tells me "Don't use it till it become famous"...
By the way, where do u download it??? from the package manager?? don't see it....
still wandering in tinyportal.net...  ::)

I am not saying "Don't use it till it become famous" (..) , rather "try it on non-important site first". Its a work in progress, but I have worked much on making it fail-proof - so the kind of angry mails I got first time around is no longer present. You see, no matter how much you tell some people to be careful, they will still pay no attention to it. So I made a bit harder to get - making people think twice. ;)

But that not to say its unreliable. If it was, I would get all the 400+ that have tried it/using it on my back rather quick....

Advertisement: