News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Different question for phpbb2.0.6 -> Smf new one converting..

Started by vaga, October 27, 2005, 10:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaga

hi guys,
i'm the newbie in the community :) (and sorry my poor english)

i've little problem with converter think.

i've got phpbb database backup in the my computer..this is the *.sql file format from the taken with cpanel backup system..

now, i have not any phpbb documents, 'cause i did delete all materials (forum directory and database stuff) but, you know i've backup, *.sql file format...

now, i want to install new smf forum, i've converter "phpbb2_to_smf.php" file..but what sould i do this *.sql file and, how can i make it correct..?

i readed some threads but, not like this state them all..

- i must have to do upload my *.sql backup to ftp? and install new smf forum then converting?
- other think? i must have to do install new phpbb and restore my *.sql backup, then install new smf and at last convert eachother..?
- different way? how it's work? i'm confused  ???

how can i convert properly this backup?
Please help me with step by step conversation..

Regards..

Oldiesmann

1. Upload the .sql file through phpMyAdmin. Make sure that you import the phpBB data to the same database that SMF is installed on to prevent problems.
2. Create a couple of "fake" phpBB files as follows:

extension.inc

<?php
$phpEx 
'php';
?>

config.php

<?php
$dbname 
'database_name';
$table_prefix 'phpbb_';
?>

3. Put both of these files in the same directory as SMF.
4. Run the converter - the path to SMF and the path to phpBB will be the same in this case.

Remember to replace database_name in the example above with the actual name of your database and phpbb_ with the database prefix you used for phpBB (if it's not the same).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

vaga

Thank you very much..i guess, i did it propely :)
Again thx for help..

Ps: special thx to Elmacik for helping..

Advertisement: