why upgraded forum's tables are different then freshly installed SMF?

Started by Baloch, June 13, 2016, 03:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baloch

Hi there

Due to on and off viral attack on my site I have requested to my host to remove all contents from my account so that I can freshly create all applications from scratch as I already have complete backup of my site.
Today on fresh account I have installed smf 2.0.11 with required plugins. Now trying to connect my freshly installed smf with my old db but after making changes in setting.php file found that some tables created by fresh installation are not available in old one although it was also upgraded version.
Now I need your help that how can I figure out which table is newer and was not available in old versions. (old version was also smf 2.0.11)
Thanks in advance for your prompt response.
Regards
Raji

Kindred

I am not certain exactly what you have done...

but you went about it the wrong way anyway... you should not have made a fresh install and then tried to connect the database. Indeed, by doing this, you have now lost all attachments and user avatars.

The proper way to reload a clean site is to delete all files except the attachments and avatars directories and the Settings.php and Settings_bak.php files...   then load a fresh set of files from the "large upgrade" archive.

the preserves the database connection and all user content... but loads a clean set of forum FILES (which is what controls the display of the content)

If you have a backup of your site files, then I suggest restoring it -- and doing as I recommend, above.

As for what you say about tables...   that doesn't actually make much sense.  If you went from 2.0.11 to 2.0.11 then the core tables are the same...  you may have had some table changes or table additions due to mods... but those should not matter.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Baloch

Thanks, your suggestion worked for me but now I m getting following error in log book
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 94.76.60.160   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 03:30:44 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session d7638ffd35dcb401c95f89987e0807c4
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: serverApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/QueryString.php
Line: 481
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session d7638ffd35dcb401c95f89987e0807c4
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3536
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: array_reverse() expects parameter 1 to be array, null givenApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: template_layersApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: session_idApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Themes/default/Login.template.php
Line: 161
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: character_setApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Themes/default/Login.template.php
Line: 161
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3429
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: template_layersApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3429
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: html_headersApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3385
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: right_to_leftApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 4156
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=197.0;attach=380;imageApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: right_to_leftApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 4148
Line: 3979

Kindred

Sorry,Mehta is basically unreadable with all that extra crap in there...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: