News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Database error when attempting to publish post

Started by peterwaalker, June 15, 2016, 07:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterwaalker

I got database error while trying to publish post. Members of my forum have been complaining before now until i finally realized it is true.
please tell me what to do so as to correct this error.
thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

SMF version?
Mods installed?
Link to your forum?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

peterwaalker

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 15, 2016, 09:33:19 PM
SMF version?
Mods installed?
Link to your forum?

The version is SMF 2.0.11 | Simple Machines.
No need asking about mods. I have not installed any mods for 1year 3months now.

I think this attached image might be helpful.

Shambles

That smells of a MySql upgrade behind your back.

Do a search for STRICT_TRANS_TABLES

Or have a ganders at the bottom of this page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25865104/field-id-doesnt-have-a-default-value

peterwaalker

Quote from: Shambles on June 17, 2016, 03:51:35 AM
That smells of a MySql upgrade behind your back.

Do a search for STRICT_TRANS_TABLES

Or have a ganders at the bottom of this page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25865104/field-id-doesnt-have-a-default-value

Yes! i found out my host upgraded MSQL. What pratical step by step method should i take now?
Thanks

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

peterwaalker

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 17, 2016, 04:13:14 PM
See if you can dsiable strict mode in mysql

please where can i locate the strict mode in mysql so i can disable it. I have taken a look in phpMYAdmin but couldn't anything.
thanks

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

peterwaalker

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 17, 2016, 06:08:36 PM
https://support.kayako.com/article/472-how-do-i-disable-mysql-strict-mode-on-the-server

QuoteHow do I disable MySQL strict mode on the server?

Please follow the under mentioned instructions to turn off the MySQL strict mode. Make the following changes in the "my.ini/my.cnf":

1.  Look for the following line:
        sql-mode = "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

2.  Change it to:
        sql-mode="" (Blank)

3. Restart the MySQL service.

I have not been able to implement the above steps because i did not see options i should take or maybe the functionality is made off limits by my host. What other method steps should i follow?

Illori

peterwaalker

My host said they could not do anything about this issue. They however suggest i should rather check with my forum software.
I don't know what to do now. I'm very very confused.
Could anything be done about it from SMF?

margarett

You installed a MOD which created a column "hiddeninfo" in your smf_messages table. That field isn't configured with a default value as it wasn't required before.
Now MySQL requires a default value in columns and it throws a hissy fit because there isn't one.

Most likely you don't have that MOD anymore so you could just delete the column. Please attach Subs-Post.php
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peterwaalker

Quote from: margarett on June 23, 2016, 06:32:42 PM
You installed a MOD which created a column "hiddeninfo" in your smf_messages table. That field isn't configured with a default value as it wasn't required before.
Now MySQL requires a default value in columns and it throws a hissy fit because there isn't one.

Most likely you don't have that MOD anymore so you could just delete the column. Please attach Subs-Post.php

thanks a lot please find the attachment below.

margarett

Did you have the MOD "Hide Post" installed before?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peterwaalker

Quote from: margarett on June 24, 2016, 04:42:52 AM
Did you have the MOD "Hide Post" installed before?

I attach herewith the list of mods installed and uninstalled. I do not have the mod "Hide Post" installed before. However i have this mod called "Hide Tag Special" installed which i use to hide some post content. please take a look
Thanks for helping me

peterwaalker

I dont know if this could help
MySQL "Server version: 5.6.30 "

margarett

Not really as the problem is identified. I just need time to pick up the computer...

peterwaalker

Quote from: margarett on June 25, 2016, 07:40:23 AM
Not really as the problem is identified. I just need time to pick up the computer...

Is there a way i could manage to solve this problem so as to main reduce complaints lodged by members of the forum. For ten days now everybody on the forum are complaining that they cant make fresh post or reply on any topic. This has come to a level that pressure is on the admin to resolve the issue once and for all.
Please help me. Tnx

peterwaalker

See if this attachment could help

[edit] attachment removed due to license. it does not allow redistribution.

binaymana

I have the same problem. My forum members also having the same issue.

Advertisement: