Database error when attempting to publish post

Started by peterwaalker, June 15, 2016, 07:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

I'm pretty sure that the field does come from the MOD "Hide Post". You might not have it now but you probably did sometime in the past. Hide Tag Special does not seem to create a "hiddenInfo" column.

Put your forum in maintenance mode, backup your database (DON'T SKIP THIS!), go to your database in phpmyadmin and run the following query in the "SQL" tab
ALTER TABLE smf_messages DROP COLUMM hiddenInfo
Then test your forum as much as you can. I'm confident you won't get any more errors but better safe than sorry ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peterwaalker

Quote from: margarett on June 27, 2016, 07:47:18 AM
I'm pretty sure that the field does come from the MOD "Hide Post". You might not have it now but you probably did sometime in the past. Hide Tag Special does not seem to create a "hiddenInfo" column.

Put your forum in maintenance mode, backup your database (DON'T SKIP THIS!), go to your database in phpmyadmin and run the following query in the "SQL" tab
Then test your forum as much as you can. I'm confident you won't get any more errors but better safe than sorry ;)

I now agree with you that i installed 'hidepost' in the past(precisely April 2013). And because the installation did not went fine, i uninstalled it and later installed "hide tag special". I found out when i checked the cpanel/home/user/public_html/Packages/2013-04-30_backup_HidePost_1-1_smf20.tar

However, i have backed-up database as you directed and run the query in the "SQL" tab and i got this message "#1046 - No database selected" see the image below for full description.

Thanks for your help. I'm waiting for your direction

Illori

you need to click into the SMF database on the left side first then run the query.

peterwaalker

Quote from: Illori on June 27, 2016, 05:18:02 PM
you need to click into the SMF database on the left side first then run the query.

I have now clicked on the waalker_web at the left side before runing the query in the "SQL" tab but i got an error. i think the snap shot below will be better to describe this error. tnx
Waiting for your direction

Shambles

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peterwaalker

Quote from: peterwaalker on June 27, 2016, 04:51:58 PM
Quote from: margarett on June 27, 2016, 07:47:18 AM

I now agree with you that i installed 'hidepost' in the past(precisely April 2013). And because the installation did not went fine, i uninstalled it and later installed "hide tag special". I found out when i checked the cpanel/home/user/public_html/Packages/2013-04-30_backup_HidePost_1-1_smf20.tar

However, i have backed-up database as you directed and run the query in the "SQL" tab and i got this message "#1046 - No database selected" see the image below for full description.

Thanks for your help. I'm waiting for your direction

Quote from: Shambles on June 27, 2016, 06:08:10 PM
It's COLUMN not COLUMM

Thanks a lot @margarett. My room cannot contain me any more due to out burst of happiness. Thanks a lot and a million times. May God bless you much more than you have asked in your prayers. You are a genius. Even when i have forgotten that i once upon a time installed that mod, you became insistent because you carried out your analysis correctly.
Thanks

Advertisement: