Started by jvter, June 16, 2016, 09:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvter

Subject: [PAID/FREE] Always a notification or never a notification
I am willing to pay for this modification

Version
2.0 and up

Description
The current notification sytem sends only one message. A new notification is only send after the user has logged in. This is in a closed envirement where I run the forum not desired. So I want a mod that does not ceck if someone has logged in before sendin a notfication.
The excutive board of this organisation say the following:

Also a problem that I feel we must address and I believe is one of the ongoing issues with the forum pertains to the following highlighted statement in message notifications.  Each Diplomate should continue to receive all notifications that they are set up to receive no matter how many they read.  I believe this is the major problem in Diplomates saying they are not receiving notifications if they do not read one they may have already addressed.  The current set up is not practical at all if the highlighted statement is true.

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Christian  Sonne.

View the reply at: https://url/forum/index.php?topic=1665.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by using this link: https://ul/forum/index.php?action=notify;topic=1665.0

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Permissions/Feature Set
The admin should be able turn his feature on. Users should have the choice to receive all notificaions or none

Thanx
Jans

Illori

on the profile notifications page...
For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me: Instantly
if set as instantly, they will receive all the emails as replies are made.

jvter

Ok, but someone has to log in first before receiving new  notifications. And that is the problem.

Illori

no with that setting they should receive all that they have on notify, even if they have not logged in.

jvter

Hm, strange though, if that is the case I do not see the reason why this line:
More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.
Is included in the notification message.
I just checked the notification settings of the person who mailed me the notification message and it is set to 'Instantly'.

Illori

do you mean for the notify on the board level or the topic level? on the board level it should let you know of each topic made.

i think there may be an issue with the text in the message, but it looks like it should email them for each topic started in the board, or each reply in a topic they are watching.

jvter

I did not edit this text. it is the standard message. And the message seems to be correct: No new massage is send when somen makes a repy to the topic, and no message is send when a new topic is created, unless you have logged in.
That is exactly the reason for my request.

Illori

i know that is the default text, i am saying i think it is incorrect. maybe you have found a bug in SMF that needs to be fixed. it sounds like there is no difference in instantly and instantly but only for the first unread reply. if so that is IMO not how it should be.

Advertisement: