Verification to small

Started by Boegie Van Tonder, June 22, 2016, 06:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boegie Van Tonder

Good day. The verification letters are to small. Using version 2.0.11
Theme = Dilber Multicolor

After turning it off, I receive to much spam.

Can someone please help to where I can make the size bigger so that new member can register.

Would be highly appreciated.

Illori

Boegie Van Tonder

Hi, thanks for that  but after removing it I received more that 100 new member application overnight. Turning it back on again, did not receive and new member applications.

I need to change it please.

Boegie Van Tonder

Do all themes use the same capthca?

Is it here somewhere? $txt['visual_verification_description'] in index.english (or any other language).php

Boegie Van Tonder

So you recommend verification questions. This is a forum about birds.

hxxp:www.wwbirds.co.za/index.php [nonactive]

What questions do you recommend?
Stupid: How much wings do a bird have?
Medium: Can all birds fly?
Difficult: What is the best talking parrot?

Illori

questions that you cant easily find the answer on the first page of a google search.

Boegie Van Tonder

Thank you. Some examples would be great.

Kindred

1- you would know best what sort of questions/answers your audience should know...
2- You need to make AT LEAST 10 questions... 20 is better...    and then set it to ask 2-3 at registration time.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Boegie Van Tonder

Thank you. Started with  simple questions:
What year is it?
Are you a robot?
Please leave this answer blank

After turning the captcha off and busy setting up the question I received one new application from a robot.

Will still like to get some nice examples.

Thank you all for responding.

Kindred

no. those questions are too simple...

Anything that has been used on dozens of other forums or can be found one the first page of google results is basically useless -- and yes/no questions are useless
(and blank won't work - the system requires an entry in the answer field)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

If you have an image logo with words in it, ask to identify a certain word
Ask to identify the n-th character of a random word (weird word, not out of the dictionary)
Ask one or several questions about your forum niche. Yes, Google can answer some but not all

Be creative :)
Questions don't have to make sense, they just need to be "answerable" by humans with brain :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: