News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How could it happens? With a 2.0.11

Started by Nomada_Firefox, June 22, 2016, 06:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomada_Firefox

Hi. I am very curious about one thing. Today somebody could write in my forum as a visitor and I saw this nickname desruprot.

Visitors have not any permission at my site. Have you seen anything like that before?

Illori

there are permissions for guests, those can include the ability to post. even if you think guests cant post, double check your permissions.

nend

I believe if they registered and then deleted their account it also displays as a guest post. Not 100% sure as I haven't really looked into that portion of SMF.  :-\

Illori

Quote from: nend on June 22, 2016, 09:28:53 PM
I believe if they registered and then deleted their account it also displays as a guest post. Not 100% sure as I haven't really looked into that portion of SMF.  :-\

if you delete the account from the profile there is an option to delete the posts/topics they have made as well. otherwise yes they will be guests and the posts/topics will stay behind.

Nomada_Firefox

Thanks by the answers. I suppose how he removed his account after post or some like that. Or perhaps I removed it without to know....

Siirist

Hello,

As an administrator, I have chosen to NOT allow members to delete their account without Admin Approval.

I do this by going to Permissions>Regular Members>Modify>Delete their account (using Simple view)
Permissions>Regular Members>Modify>Delete Account (own account / any account when using Classic view)
See attached screenshots.

By doing this I prevent someone from registering, posting spam, and then deleting their account.

Be Well,
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: