How to generate the list of all emails of the users of a group

Started by Raffoz, June 23, 2016, 06:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffoz

Is there a way to generate the list of all emails of the users of a group?

Tks.
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

Raffoz

Too much difficult for me.
I don't know how to do and, over all, where to do it... :(
MacOsX (last)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Raffoz

MacOsX (last)

Illori

what is your goal of this? maybe some more information from you will help us help you.

Raffoz

I have 10 groups.
I would like to extract for every group he emails of every user of the group.
Just the emails.
MacOsX (last)

Illori

what is the benefit to you for having that list of emails? to send them all an email? you can do that within SMF using the newsletter feature.

Raffoz

Quote from: Illori on June 23, 2016, 03:42:40 PM
what is the benefit to you for having that list of emails? to send them all an email? you can do that within SMF using the newsletter feature.

It doesn't work, because limitation of gmail.
MacOsX (last)

margarett

And how do you want to have that list? Just printed on the screen? The query to run is easy, it's just a matter of properly outputting the results.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Raffoz

I need to copy and paste the results.
So later I send the emails.

It doesn't matter if I need to do something manually.
MacOsX (last)

Kindred

so, instead of fixing the issue with your mail, you'd rather do something which you apparently have no clue how to do?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Raffoz

The issue of the email is not my issue. It's a limit of gmail. Isn't it?
MacOsX (last)

Jade Elizabeth

You can send emails to all members of a group in the newsletter section in admin. There won't be a gmail limit that you should worry about so I wouldn't be too worried. If there is some sort of error you're encountering could you please show us a screenshot or copy the error message for us so we can help you? :D

Also if you go to Moderate > View Membergroups > Pick one...you have a big table including the emails. If you copy the whole table into excel you can cut just that column out and paste it into something else :).

But you should fix your newsletters. Tell us what the issue is so you can do it the easy way :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Raffoz

Tks Jade, your trick works perfectly! :D

Last year the users just didn't receive the newsletter.
That was the problem.

Gmail has limit of email in hours, day etc etc: https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en
Expecially this limit: Recipients per message

It was terrible :(
MacOsX (last)

Jade Elizabeth

Yes but your forum shouldn't be sending them through gmail OR sending them in a way that exposes other members emails...it will send it through PHP which makes an individual message for each member.

Do you want me to come look at your email settings and run some tests? :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Kindred

Jade,   I assume that the OP has the system set up to use gmail SMTP instead of phpmail...

However... Raffaele1977, you can set the forum to throttle the email sends....
Слaва
Украинi

Jade Elizabeth

Yes that was another thing I wanted to look into. Honestly I wouldn't use Gmail to send I'd just send via php - it can still put a reply to gmail address.

Or get google for work, $5 a month and it should lift the limit.

Advertisement: