News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Cannot Install Mods

Started by cyberpunk20, June 23, 2016, 11:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberpunk20

Hello, Im newbie at SMF

Please help me with my problem installing mods in my smf forum, whenever I install mods this always shows at the bottom of the page:

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager. Note you can also do this manually using an FTP client - to view a list of the affected files please click here.

and there are 3 boxes which are username, password, and local path to smf.

What do I put in the 3 boxes?

Grammy

Quote from: cyberpunk20 on June 23, 2016, 11:43:26 AM
Hello, Im newbie at SMF

Please help me with my problem installing mods in my smf forum, whenever I install mods this always shows at the bottom of the page:

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager. Note you can also do this manually using an FTP client - to view a list of the affected files please click here.

and there are 3 boxes which are username, password, and local path to smf.

What do I put in the 3 boxes?

Your server can help you with this.  They can provide you with your ftp login credentials, if you don't know them.

It would be your ftp username, your ftp password and the path would be something like this (but yours would vary):

/var/www/vhosts/yourdomain.com/httpdocs/yourforum

I'd give my server a call; they can also help you make sure your files are writable.   :)

Kindred

no...   that would not be the path.

The correct path would the the RELATIVE path form the location in which the ftp login drops you (often the home/webroot directory)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Grammy

Quote from: Kindred on June 23, 2016, 12:20:04 PM
no...   that would not be the path.

The correct path would the the RELATIVE path form the location in which the ftp login drops you (often the home/webroot directory)

Oops!  Wrong copy and paste!  I'd better watch it.   :D

Advertisement: