News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Admin Mod for Packages?

Started by Grammy, June 24, 2016, 09:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

Actually, this might be a simple edit, but i'm hoping for a mod, if not.   :)

2.0.11 default:

What I need is a "date installed" column added to the Package Manager's "Browse Packages" area.  This would be very helpful for several reasons but here's one example:  This morning, I happened to look in my FTP window under the "Date Last Modified" column and there, showing to have been modified yesterday, 6/23/16, is Load.php.  Now, I know good and well that I did not modify Load.php yesterday, or any time recently, for that matter.  I have absolutely no recollection of adding a mod in the past week or so.  Looking in FTP at Packages/installed.list tells me nothing.  It would be very helpful if the Packages Manager did reflect the installation date of each mod.  (I realize this couldn't be retroactive, but it would surely be nice in the future!) 

Attached screenshot.  (I have a full page of mods, just edited the screenshot.)

Just putting this out into the universe.   :)

Shambles

Plus, Load.php constantly gets its date-last-modified timestamp updated, without any changes being applied. It's the work of the devil I tell you.

margarett

Quote from: Arantor on May 09, 2014, 02:19:51 PM
QuoteWhen file's timestamp are modified, do their checksums change? (Talking about Load.php here)

No, just its filemtime on the filesystem. The only reason it even does so is to force the hash for the cache/ files to be different.
;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Grammy

Quote from: Illori on June 24, 2016, 09:39:04 AM
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2323

Yippee!!  I'm a putz for not being able to find this in Modifications, but thanks so much for pointing it out!   :)

Thanks, Shambles and Margarett; that's a relief! I thought I was editing in my sleep or something!  :D

Grammy

I just came running back in here to jump up and down and shriek, "It's retroactive!  It's retroactive!" 

;D

Advertisement: