News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

unable to upgrade 2.0.8 to 2.0.9

Started by aquascape, June 24, 2016, 10:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquascape

Actually I want to upgrade my 2.0.7 to 2.0.11 (current) but I dont know how to jump to that version so I did step by step upgrade from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 . It was successful but for .8 to .9 the system does not accept my upgrade.
I used this link to upgrade http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/
I downloaded the file to my comp then manual upload to forum.

My reason to upgrade to 2.0.11 is to install a mod to upload photos like the forum in attachment

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you tried installing the 2.0.8 patch in package manager?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

you have not told us what the issue is that you faced with that patch. did something fail? if so what did?

aquascape

my admin page stated
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.8
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.11

but browse package page state about latest package ( upgrade from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 is my latest action)
Memory issues encountered with SMF 2.0.7, some MySQL 5.6 compatibility issues and a rare bug with the memberlist search feature have been fixed. You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum and update it to 2.0.8.

Siirist

Hi,

Here are just my thoughts.  First, have you gone to Forum Maintenance > Routine > Find and repair any errors? This can't hurt, but could help.
Then go to Forum Maintenance > Database > Backup Database
Then Forum Maintenance > Database > Optimize all tables

Then try to install the patch using the Package Manager.
What I did notice when I downloaded the patch was that it has two patches in it.
SMF_1-1-20_patch and
SMF_2-0-9_patch

It may be that the patch is "confused" and that is why I stated the above about the Repair, and Optimize, and of course Back-Up (Host back-up is best, if you can)

Worth a shot,
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Sir Osis of Liver

For reasons unknown, the update messages on the admin page stop around 2.0.8, and further updates must be done in package manager, where you should see the next patch.  Don't know why this happens, but I've seen it on a couple of forums.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aquascape

I tried to follow the link from the message Memory issues encountered with SMF 2.0.7, some MySQL 5.6 compatibility issues and a rare bug with the memberlist search feature have been fixed. You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum and update it to 2.0.8.
(admin panel ) to solve my problem. but the forum crashed
when I refresh my forum this showed up
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sid_insert__preg_callback() (previously declared in /home/rongrit/public_html/board/Sources/QueryString.php:521) in /home/rongrit/public_html/board/Sources/QueryString.php on line 538

How can I fix this file??
I ve my back up database. (named : back upxxxxxxx.tar))  but after I did this and refresh it still show same message.

Illori

you need to remove the duplicate sid_insert__preg_callback section. or attach your file to your next post so it can be reviewed and fixed.

aquascape

Quote from: Illori on June 27, 2016, 05:15:48 AM
you need to remove the duplicate sid_insert__preg_callback section. or attach your file to your next post so it can be reviewed and fixed.
how to do this? do you ve step by step link?

Kindred

At this point, you are even more versions behind...

I suggest that you just do the clean load of fresh files at 2.0.13 and then reinstall mods... especially since you have not responded to this thread in almost a year.

Also note... backups consist of two items... a file backup and a database backup. They are two separate things.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: