News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Some help if possible?

Started by Thread Killer, June 25, 2016, 01:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Killer

Not even sure how to describe this, will try my best to be concise and see if there is a solution.

We are currently running v1.1.20 I know it is old, but I am not in charge of that.

We have a recycle & deleted section.  My question is...is there a way to delete all of the posts that go into that section at once instead of individually? Or say even 25 or 50 at a time?  We like to keep it clean, but sometimes we just forget to get to it.  It is currently 13 pages long and it is real time consuming to delete each one individually...

Gary

To delete all posts/topics in a board at once you'd have to delete it fully.

To delete posts/topics in a group, you can turn on Moderation Checkboxes in the Look and Layout Section of your profile. Checkboxes will then appear next to topic titles in the MessageIndex page, and you can mass delete them by the page.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Thread Killer

I kind of follow...you are saying I need to make changes under "my" profile?  And that will allow me to delete in the Recycle section?  I am sorry, but this stuff flys over my head at the speed of sound!

Thank you for taking time to help!

you can turn on Moderation Checkboxes in the Look and Layout Section of your profile. Checkboxes will then appear next to topic titles in the MessageIndex page, and you can mass delete them by the page.

Have tried to do this, but under my profile I see no Moderation Checkboxes and I cant find a profile in the Admin section at all...

Siirist

Quote from: Shambles on June 25, 2016, 01:18:47 PM
I don't normally respond to topics which have non-descriptive titles, but on this occasion I will.

Try Arantor's autopurge mod:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2171

Um, I looked at this and it removes "old" topics (and/or posts) on the forum (based on selection, Recycle Bin is not one of the options),
therefore it isn't really what the OP is "in search of".

Just my thoughts,
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Shambles

Recycle bin is just another board - I use the mod to clear my recycle bin on a daily basis (scheduled task).

However, since I posted that, I don't think the mod will install on 1.1.20

Quote from: ModPosts purged in this manner:

Do NOT go to the recycle bin (thus you can use this to purge your recycle bin after 30 days, for example)

Siirist

Quote from: Thread Killer on June 25, 2016, 01:22:17 PM
I kind of follow...you are saying I need to make changes under "my" profile?  And that will allow me to delete in the Recycle section?  I am sorry, but this stuff flys over my head at the speed of sound!

Thank you for taking time to help!

you can turn on Moderation Checkboxes in the Look and Layout Section of your profile. Checkboxes will then appear next to topic titles in the MessageIndex page, and you can mass delete them by the page.

Have tried to do this, but under my profile I see no Moderation Checkboxes and I cant find a profile in the Admin section at all...

Okay, so I don't have a ver 1.x  forum, however, my belief is that when you go to your profile (if you have Global Moderator or Admin permissions) then go to Modify Profile > Look and Layout > (the last option in Look and Layout) Show quick-moderation as (select)Check Boxes >> Click Save.

Then go to your recycle board and near the top right of the listing is a isolated check box (checking this will cause all to be checked), once they are go to the drop down menu at the middle bottom and select "Remove Selected".

This will allow you to remove a page at a time.

Be Well,
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

Antechinus

What Siirist said. The text string is slightly different in 1.1.x (it actually says "Show quick-moderation on message index as") but it's in the same place and does the same job.

Thread Killer

Hot Dayum I love smart people!  Works like a charm!  Once Siirist did the step by step!

Thanks guys, sure made my life easier!  Wish I could repay the favor...aint gonna be with IT...but if ya ever need any BBQ tips...I am your man!

Quote from: Gary on June 25, 2016, 01:16:44 PM
To delete posts/topics in a group, you can turn on Moderation Checkboxes in the Look and Layout Section of your profile. Checkboxes will then appear next to topic titles in the MessageIndex page, and you can mass delete them by the page.

Quote from: Siirist on June 25, 2016, 01:59:35 PM
...however, my belief is that when you go to your profile (if you have Global Moderator or Admin permissions) then go to Modify Profile > Look and Layout > (the last option in Look and Layout) Show quick-moderation as (select)Check Boxes >> Click Save.

Then go to your recycle board and near the top right of the listing is a isolated check box (checking this will cause all to be checked), once they are go to the drop down menu at the middle bottom and select "Remove Selected".

Quote from: Antechinus on June 25, 2016, 07:14:51 PM
What Siirist said. The text string is slightly different in 1.1.x (it actually says "Show quick-moderation on message index as") but it's in the same place and does the same job.

Thread Killer

13 pages...that would have taken me an hour...I just did it in 90 second!  You guys are the best!  I wish I could learn the full potential of Simple Machines..For us, it is probably like owning a Diablo and never getting out of 1st gear... 

Siirist

Quote from: Antechinus on June 25, 2016, 07:14:51 PM

Thanks Antechinus.   :D

Quote from: Thread Killer on June 25, 2016, 09:34:07 PM
Hot Dayum I love smart people!  Works like a charm!  Once Siirist did the step by step!

Quote from: Siirist on June 25, 2016, 01:59:35 PM
...however, my belief is that when you go to your profile (if you have Global Moderator or Admin permissions) then go to Modify Profile > Look and Layout > (the last option in Look and Layout) Show quick-moderation as (select)Check Boxes >> Click Save.

You're welcome Thread Killer.

Be Well,
Siriist
Needed information:

Thread Killer

Even though it won't work...I sure appreciate you taking the time to try and help!

Quote from: Shambles on June 25, 2016, 01:56:40 PM
Recycle bin is just another board - I use the mod to clear my recycle bin on a daily basis (scheduled task).

jenifer_iiml

It also not work on my side. please try and help me again if possible !

Kindred

Quote from: Shambles on June 25, 2016, 01:56:40 PM

Quote from: ModPosts purged in this manner:

Do NOT go to the recycle bin (thus you can use this to purge your recycle bin after 30 days, for example)

In other words - upgrade to 2.0.x if you need that mod to work
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: