News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

i want upgrade View Topic Permissions for SMF2.0.11

Started by moner, June 26, 2016, 09:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moner

Hi
Please Help i want upgrade View Topic Permissions for SMF2.0.11
View Any Topic permission
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=687

Siirist

Quote from: moner on June 26, 2016, 09:59:12 AM
Hi
Please Help i want upgrade View Topic Permissions for SMF2.0.11
View Any Topic permission
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=687

You cannot use that ver 1.x mod on a ver 2.x forum (at least that is what Kindred has said).

I will dig through my permissions and see if that can be done using the permission settings.

EDIT: I have looked and thought about it, and it requires the mod to do that.
You will need to ask for support for that mod here.

I see that you have already posted there, the staff here may lock this topic and let your other post (that is in the right place) remain as the correct request for updating the mod.

EDIT > EDIT: Thanks Kindred   ;)

Best Wishes
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

moner

Hello ,Siirist
i was send reply upgrade request and no answer

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=156660.msg3879997#msg3879997

Feldon user not log in here Since years :(

and this mod very Important for me.

Arantor

To do what *exactly*? What is the need you have for it? Because there's probably better ways to do it...

Siirist

Quote from: moner on July 09, 2016, 08:56:11 AM
Hello ,Siirist
i was send reply upgrade request and no answer . . .
. . . this mod very Important for me.

Quote from: Arantor on July 09, 2016, 09:55:09 AM
To do what *exactly*? What is the need you have for it? Because there's probably better ways to do it...

Description:
The View Any Topic Permission Mod adds an additional permission that can be applied to any board.  When enabled (the default setting), the board will act as normal.  That is, the user group can 'view any topic'. 
When disabled, users in that group will only be able to see topics in that board that they started (i.e. their own topics), or topics that have been stickied.

moner,
I really don't see a value here unless you are preventing members from seeing other member's posts that maybe "controversial" (due to sensitivity or otherwise) and thus preventing "disruption" on your fourm.

To me, it would seem like you are "controlling" the content that a member can see, and while I wouldn't want my members to see what is going on in the staff area of a forum.
If something is posted by a member, it is assumed that other members will be able to read it.
If what the member posted could be upsetting to other members, that is why there are systems in place
(Report to Moderator,
Censored Words,
Warning System,
ability for Moderators or above to modify posts,
have posts hidden until a Moderator approves them,
and there may be others I am forgetting) all designed to prevent the posting of "offensive material or content" before it is view-able.

Similar to Arantor's post, why would you want to do this with so many other methods available?

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

moner

Quote from: Siirist on July 09, 2016, 11:19:38 AM

Description:
The View Any Topic Permission Mod adds an additional permission that can be applied to any board.  When enabled (the default setting), the board will act as normal.  That is, the user group can 'view any topic'. 
When disabled, users in that group will only be able to see topics in that board that they started (i.e. their own topics), or topics that have been stickied.

moner,
why would you want to do this with so many other methods available?

Be Well,
Siirist

Hello ,Siirist
Thanks for the response,

i want your (Description) exactly
i was use this mod More than five years on SMF1.1.21
there Special board any user can View own topics
we have More 5000 topic Special medical questions (These secrets)

now i need Upgrade SMF1.1.21 to SMF2.0.11 very important Because i need use Reseller them i need SMF mobile friendly Because Our SMF down Eight months on google

I want to upgrade SMF just for this reason but if i have Upgrade without this mod or this Feature All user can view all secrets topic in Special board.

for Solve my problem:
I need upgrade View Topic Permissions for SMF2.0.11

Or ,add this Feature in SMF2.0.11

OR ,downgrade Reseller them for working fine with SMF1.1.21

I am Use SMF1.1.21 several years without any Problem

Can you help me ?

Kindred

Actually, whoa you actually SHOULD be using sounds more like a help desk like simpledesk instead of a kludged mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

moner

Quote from: Kindred on July 09, 2016, 11:05:44 PM
Actually, whoa you actually SHOULD be using sounds more like a help desk like simpledesk instead of a kludged mod...

Hello ,Kindred
i am try simpledesk ,you Know where the problem ?
Our SMF working on arabic language (simpledesk it's not support arabic language)
i am try everything with simpledesk for support arabic language and the end Did not succeed

Kindred

So translate it.....   The language files are strings, just like smf itself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

moner

Quote from: Kindred on July 10, 2016, 12:59:44 AM
So translate it.....   The language files are strings, just like smf itself.

Hello ,Kindred
Thank you for your patience and Cooperating.

no problem in translation with me
SMF working on latin1_swedish_ci arabic language working fine with this
simpledesk working on utf8_bin this is very bad with arabic language (Unread)

Arantor

Which is why when moving to SMF 2.0, you also convert to UTF-8 which you should be using for Arabic anyway...

moner

Quote from: Arantor on July 10, 2016, 05:43:25 AM
Which is why when moving to SMF 2.0, you also convert to UTF-8 which you should be using for Arabic anyway...

Hello ,Arantor
yes with upgrade to SMF 2.0.11 we can Select UTF-8 OR we can upgrade to SMF 2.0 without change to UTF-8

i was try upgrade to SMF 2.0.11 and Select UTF-8 and upload arabic language for UTF-8 but after The update is complete we see all topic by Unread language

if you have (install) SMF 2.0.11 and Select UTF-8 and upload arabic language for UTF-8 you can see arabic language working fine

the problem SMF 2.0 UTF-8  with arabic language if you have Upgrade SMF 1.1.21 to SMF 2.0.11 you will see all Topic's by Unread language

but anyway i can't Upgrade to SMF 2.0.11 without solved View Topic Permissions Issue.

Arantor

So you're upgrading and just adding the language pack? You need to also convert the database, which I don't think you're doing.

Once you have that, go with SimpleDesk, as it is designed for the kinds of permissions you want - in a way SMF isn't and won't ever be. Note also that even Suki who did a new mod for 2.0 has said not to use it because there are still all kinds of ways data can be leaked out of SMF (and it's true for 1.1 too, incidentally) because SMF just isn't designed to do this. SimpleDesk was designed for this specific purpose.

Siirist

Hello,

OFF TOPIC: It looks like Arabic reads from right to left.

Just thought I would provide this information. Machine translation.
بس أنا من شأنه أن يوفر هذه المعلومات  .الترجمة الآلي

Permissions
SimpleDesk features a custom-built permissions system, geared to creating roles that match the types of roles that would be prevalent inside a helpdesk, divided into users, staff and administrators, with pre-defined templates of permissions for these roles, and allows you to assign any user group to a role, which in turn can be assigned to any department in your helpdesk.
أذونات
SimpleDesk يتميز نظام الأذونات مبنية خصيصا ، تهدف إلى خلق الأدوار التي تتناسب مع أنواع من الأدوار التي من شأنها أن هذه الظاهرة سائدة داخل مكتب للدعم ، وتنقسم الى المستخدمين والموظفين و الإداريين ، مع قوالب محددة مسبقا من الأذونات ل هذه الأدوار ، ويسمح لك ل تعيين أي مجموعة المستخدم ل هذا الدور، وهذا بدوره يمكن أن تسند إلى أي قسم في مكتب المساعدة الخاص بك .

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:

Arantor

Yeah, I didn't word that very well back when I wrote it. (Yes, I wrote SimpleDesk)

But the entire setup is that people who are users for a given section of helpdesk can only see their own tickets by default, users who are staff can see all tickets in that section by default. It's kind of the point.

Advertisement: