How to Display board title and description inside board?

Started by cyberpunk20, June 26, 2016, 10:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberpunk20

Hello newbie at SMF here, I would like to ask you guys some help about my forum. My problem is that the board title and its description are not shown inside the board page.

This is one of my forum's board: hxxp:dota2ph.com/index.php/board,2.0.html [nonactive]

I would like the board title "Newcomers Introduction" and its description below it, I would like it to be shown after the breadcrumbs and before the posts.

TIA for those who will give an answer :)

Siirist

Hello,

Have you checked this?

Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout >
ensure that the top box Show board descriptions inside boards. is checked

Just my thought,
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

cyberpunk20

Quote from: Siirist on June 26, 2016, 10:24:46 AM
Hello,

Have you checked this?

Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout >
ensure that the top box Show board descriptions inside boards. is checked

Just my thought,
Siriist

I did that and yeah it now shows the board description inside the boards but not the board title, and can make this default for all users? seems it's per user setting only.

cyberpunk20

oh wait I figured out how to make it the default setting for all members but still I can't find an option to display the board title, please someone help me

Siirist

Quote from: cyberpunk20 on June 26, 2016, 10:39:54 AM
oh wait I figured out how to make it the default setting for all members but still I can't find an option to display the board title, please someone help me

I believe that some of the code will need to be changed to display the Board's title where you want it, and if the code is changed to do that, then if you have other themes it is likely those changes would have to be done to those themes as well.

This is beyond my level of experience and I will step aside for a more experienced user to assist you.

Best Wishes,
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

The current board name is displayed in the linktree
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: