Various Random Issues After Upgrade From SMF 1

Started by shavethewhales, June 26, 2016, 08:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shavethewhales

A few months ago I upgraded my forum from SMF 1 to the current stable version, and for the most part it was a smooth transition besides a few random things I haven't been able to wrangle:

• Post counts aren't increasing
  • Sometimes can't move topics to different boards (a TOPIC MOVED post will form, but it won't actually move the topic and will time out.)
  • For some reason page 50 of a popular thread won't load. Only that page. Almost all users report not being able to open it except for one or two. This one really sent me for a loop. I can provide a link if needed
  • Lots of server errors and timeouts (500 error codes, etc) - Not sure if the forum is causing this or the server, but they got a lot more frequent after the upgrade

And there are other miscellaneous things here and there, but those are the main problems I want to fix.

I've been searching through topics here for similar problems, but for most people it seems to come down to using the wrong methods to upgrade. I'm pretty sure I did it the right way as it more or less works fine and everything came through it without any huge errors. It seems like there's just something out of whack somewhere as if a particular file didn't get updated or was deleted.

I am hosting on GoDaddy, which I know can cause some problems sometimes, but nothing stands out from their end yet. The admin center is not displaying any corruption or broken file issues. I didn't see anything in the error log that seemed to be relevant.

Does this ring any bells? Where should I start to look to find an issue that could cause these types of issues?

Advertisement: