News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[PAID/FREE] Post Prefix with Permissions

Started by MarkieNKV, June 27, 2016, 05:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkieNKV

Paid/Free information
We are willing to pay for the mod (onetime payment or yearly fee), but we got no idea what it would cost.
Also, we are also willing to pay for upgrades to future versions of SMF.

Version
We are using SMF version 2.0.11.

Description
We (a patient organisation) are looking for a mod which will give us the possibility to let the topicstarter (TS) to choose which membergroups could see the topic he/she created.
The best thing we could find was the SMF Post Prefix mod, but this only adds text to the topic title and we can't set permissions based on the selected prefix.

Permissions
This feature is only usable for Admin, Moderators and 4 usergroups (Patient, Parents, Partners and Redactie XS). Other users will not see this feature. But visibility can be completely copied from the SMF Post Prefix mod (if possible due to copyright ofcourse).

Feature Set
As an example, the forum got 3 usergroups named:

- Mannen met KS
- Ouders
- Partners

I got 7 prefixes named:

- [KS]
- [OU]
- [PA]
- [KS, OU]
- [KS, PA]
- [KS, PA, OU]
- [PA, OU]

All those usergroups can create a topic and they use the prefix to set the visibility of the topic. So if a member of the usergroup "Mannen met KS" creates a topic with the prefix [KS, PA, OU] then the usergroups Mannen met KS, Ouders and Partners can view (and reply on) the topic. The topic creator (TS) must also got the rights to this topic, even if he is not in the selected usergroups.

But if a member of the usergroup "Mannen met KS" creates a topic with the prefix [KS, PA], then only the usergroups Mannen met KS and Partners can view (and reply on) the topic. The usergroup Ouders shouldn't see the topic at all. The topic creator (TS) must also got the rights to this topic, even if he is not in the selected usergroups.

When a member creates a topic, he/she can select a predefined prefix:

I've created some prefixes as you can see in the image below:

Now some examples based on the image above.

When a member of the usergroup "Mannen met KS" are looking in this board, then they will see these topics:

When a member of the usergroup "Ouders" are looking in this board, then they will see these topics:

When a member of the usergroup "Partners" are looking in this board, then they will see these topics:

When someone from the usergroup "Redactie XS" are looking in this board, then they will see these topics:

Moderators and admins will see everything offcourse. Other member(group)s are denied by the board permissions.

In the menu (Forum -> PostPrefix -> Prefixes) I would like an additional option (marked with a red border in the next image):

And in Modify or Create  section a dropdown menu to select the right boards that can view (and reply on) the topics (requested options are marked with a red border):

Grammy

This sounds very similar to a mod-in-progress that I tried to get working for my own forum, but it is a bit difficult and the mod author is very busy doing other work for SMF and can't devote extra time to it, at the moment.  There's a thread here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=546175

I finally had to install SimpleDesk (HERE) and modify it for my own use. ( Another option is the Custom Form mod.)  But it seems your needs may be much more specific than what these offer.  (SimpleDesk ended up, overall, being effective, since privacy was the main concern.)   :)

Steve

Did you post in that mod's support topic to see if Diego would help make the mod do what you want?
DO NOT pm me for support!

MarkieNKV

Quote from: Steve on June 27, 2016, 08:51:07 AM
Did you post in that mod's support topic to see if Diego would help make the mod do what you want?
Yes i did, but he is not willing to do that.
He gave a suggestion about Private Topics, but can't see why this is something simular: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=442886.0

Any other members that got an idea?

I asked my boss, we could offer a fee for around 100 USD for the initial build of this modification with a yearly fee of around 50 USD for updates and support.

Diego Andrés

I might have a look at your request as I've some free time.
Nothing guaranteed, I'll contact you if I'm able to work on this

Regards

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

MarkieNKV

Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 01, 2016, 03:26:17 PM
I might have a look at your request as I've some free time.
Nothing guaranteed, I'll contact you if I'm able to work on this

Regards
No need for it, so you could enjoy your freetime with other stuff ;).

Suki is building a mod for me (not based on your mod by the way).

Diego Andrés

Great to hear that, I'm pretty sure Suki will do an amazing work as always :)

Regards

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Matthew K.

I'm available too in the future if you ever need anything else developed.

MarkieNKV

Advertisement: