News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Internal Server Error when installing tinyportal

Started by cyberpunk20, June 28, 2016, 05:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberpunk20

Hello, please I need help from you experts about my forum, I tried to install tinyportal on my forum but upon clicking install now it just directed me to a Internal Server Error page and I can't access any page of my forum now.

I guess it's a conflict of the mods I installed perhaps the prettyurl mod, how do I fix this?

Grammy

You'd need to post on the TinyPortal thread for help with the mod.   :)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=27642.0

It sounds as if you went ahead with the installation even though you had a warning.  Are you using a custom theme or default?

Are you able to see your forum if you remove everything after index.php in the url?  If you're using a custom theme, can you see your forum if you switch to default?   Put this in your url, after your domain (after forum directory if your domain's root is not the forum): index.php?theme=1  If you can see your forum after adding that, then replace that with index.php?action=admin;theme=1 and switch your forum to default and the TinyPortal support thread can help you edit your custom theme's pages.

If that doesn't work:  Did you back up your forum before installing the mod?  If you have copies of each file on your server with a "~" on the end (like .php~), those would be your files before the mod placed its edits. Downloading (or dragging) those files to your desktop, removing that symbol and replacing the mod-edited files with those (originals) might at least give you access to your forum.  If you didn't back up your files, you might try reversing the parsing instructions for the mod.

Illori

i am not sure this is really a mod specific issue that has to be made in the mods support topic. i think this is a file/folder permission issue that is general to SMF.

i would not recommend just putting back files randomly, if there are other edits or other files being called for example by hooks you can break your forum by doing what you are suggesting.

Grammy

Quote from: Illori on June 28, 2016, 08:30:29 AM
i am not sure this is really a mod specific issue that has to be made in the mods support topic. i think this is a file/folder permission issue that is general to SMF.

i would not recommend just putting back files randomly, if there are other edits or other files being called for example by hooks you can break your forum by doing what you are suggesting.

I concede that.  It's probably unwise for me to suggest something I do, albeit successfully, on my testing sites when running into this same issue, since I am not at the mercy of a live forum and users.   :)

Advertisement: