News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Where Can I Find "Start New Topic" and "Reply topic" Templates?

Started by perfec2, June 28, 2016, 08:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfec2

Hello members,

I want to put some "Notes" on when user click "NEW TOPIC" and "REPLY" and arrive at any of this page to make a post.

Where can I find the templates above in to add some notes users will see when they click on any of above in the SMF 2.0.11 forum.

I will like my notes to appear before "Subject" e.g
Rule 1
Rule 2
Rule 3
etc

I will appreciate assistance in this regard.

Illori

perfec2

Thank you for quick reply.
Which line of code there (before or after) can I put notes to appear before "Subject" e.g

Note 1
Note 2
Note 3
etc

Siirist

This may be a path to follow

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2696

it is in more than just post template.

You can parse the code and determine where it goes so that you can add more or different words/instructions.

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

perfec2

Thank you for the help, you know most people will ignore it.

I prefer assisting me using method above as I can't fine it using the parse method. I want them display before "Subject"

Illori

are you not using the package manager to do the install for you? or is it failing at some part?

perfec2

It's failing at some point with "test fail"
While this mod is better than not having one at all. However this mod isn't what i'm looking for. I simply want to put some texts before "Subject" so that posters will read it before submitting a post. Any help to achieve this will be appreciated.

Siirist

Quote from: perfec2 on June 28, 2016, 05:55:34 PM
It's failing at some point with "test fail"
While this mod is better than not having one at all. However this mod isn't what i'm looking for. I simply want to put some texts before "Subject" so that posters will read it before submitting a post. Any help to achieve this will be appreciated.

When I installed it on my Test Forum SMF ver 2.0.10, it would only pass on the DisplayTemplate.php for Sunshine Theme and SkyFall Themes (when I changed my theme in Profile > Look and Layout to either of these themes, the Mod functioned as intended.
Failed Test on the DisplayTemplate.php for: BrightForest, Core, Hope, IceBlue2, and NiceBlue2.

I looked at the DisplayTemplate.php for the themes it Failed on and discovered that not one of them had the code
<div class="righttext padding">

That code does exist in the Default DisplayTemplate.php.

I just don't have the familiarity with the php files to give you any guidance.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

perfec2

Thank you for all your assistance. Please what are other ways to achieve the "displaying notes before "Subject"" outside this mod which isn't directly addressing my need?

Advertisement: