News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unlocking locked out member

Started by Iddee, June 28, 2016, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iddee

2.0.11 Member tried wrong password too many times and got locked out. How do I unlock his account?
Thanks

http://www.worldwidebeekeeping.com/forum/index.php [nofollow]

Steve

Were they not directed to the password reminder screen?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Iddee

I don't know.He says he knows his password, but must have missed a capital or something. Now, he is locked out. How do I unlock him

margarett

AFAIR SMF does not lock a member for too many missed attempts. Does it? :o

What error does he get?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on June 28, 2016, 09:11:44 AM
AFAIR SMF does not lock a member for too many missed attempts. Does it? :o

nope it does not.

Siirist

Hello,

These are just my thoughts,

I just attempted to login at my TestForum using the right username but wrong password.
After the 4th attempt it took me to the enter your email address to reset password.
I ignored that and hit the Login button and every time I tried to login with the right username but wrong password it took me to the submit email address to reset password.

As an Administrator, you can go to their Profile > Account > and type in a new password and then email it (email is not encrypted so be careful with this {you could email them for their cell phone number and text the new password to them}) 

When they login they should got to their profile and change their password.

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: