News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

After backup have a problem

Started by Friv, June 28, 2016, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friv

Hello

I have backup all files and sql and on front page everything looks fine. But when i want to login,when i want to see forums or anything else i see  message :
Not Found

The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server.

I was try to upload repair file and nothing happen.     How to solve this error?

Illori

does that folder exist?

did you do a backup or did you do a restore of the backup, they are different things.

Friv

Hi

I have upload all backup files from my computer and sql file too. Is not restored from my hosting.

Illori

what steps exactly have you done? without some details there is not much we can tell you on what has gone wrong.

Friv

Nothing i just make usual backup. I have backup (grab from my desktop with cpanel) all forum and packages.And sql databse too.As i said before i can see website on front page,with forum posts etc. but when i click register,and want to read forums,or i want to login they  show me this page: Not Found

The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server.

Is very confusing thing why he redirect me to that page.

Illori

you are still not telling me what EXACT steps you took to do the restore. did you upload the files in a new folder? what was that folders name? what is the URL you are going to for that forum? why in the first place are you trying to do this? did you upload the database in a new database and not the existing database? did you run repair_settings.php to fix all the URLs and paths as well as direct the install to the new database?

Friv

Steps are

1. From cpanel i have upload zip file where forum and packages

2. I have backup old database from Backup system in cpanel

I just  want to know how to run repair_settings.php and he is already in root of my forum. Just tell me which command is  to run he?

Illori

you open your browser and put in your URL/repair_settings.php

if you have not put your database in a new database then you will be pulling from your existing database and the changes you make will effect your live forum.

there are reasons that the questions i asked were asked, if you dont want to answer them all then i can stop giving you answers.

blix

Did you check you htaccess file? I had the same problem until i changed the rewrite base from /forum to /

Advertisement: