News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Big IMG Size

Started by Lucas_Clemente, June 28, 2016, 09:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas_Clemente

Hey there, I have version 2.0.11 installed for my fourm and I would like to be able to resize img's I link to.
The IMG of 5000x5000 looks big and i have to scroll... how to fix that?

br360

If you want to have images resized, go to Admin>Features and Options>Layout

Then scroll down to "Max width of posted pictures" and "Max height of posted pictures" and add the sizes you want linked images to be resized to.

I can't remember but I'm pretty sure this works for any images posted after you set the sizes. Any images that were posted before you made the change will still be the large size.

Illori

Quote from: br360 on June 29, 2016, 02:39:23 AM
I can't remember but I'm pretty sure this works for any images posted after you set the sizes. Any images that were posted before you made the change will still be the large size.

correct images that were already posted will not be resized but those moving forward will be.

GleamPlay.com

Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

spitfire80

Great little bit of info in this thread. When our forum owners set up the parameters, layout, etc, they didnt set a max for image width and height. (both were disabled and left at the default setting of 0), so many members have posted pics over the years that were so large that one had to scroll left to right and up and down to see the whole image.

I read this thread, set some size limits and now all will be good!  ;D

Advertisement: