Colors

Started by RizwaN, June 29, 2016, 01:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RizwaN

How to Change colors of the text and its background.The background of Categ. name etc...
IMG: http://i.imgur.com/Qrz5Gus.png

br360

Try using a developing tool like firebug or control element in chrome.

For example; look for-

h3.catbg a:link, h3.catbg a:visited, h4.catbg a:link, h4.catbg a:visited, h3.catbg, .table_list tbody.header td, .table_list tbody.header td a
{
color: #fff;

That color code is what changes the color of the text in the category bar.

Play around with the tool and then you can make the different changes you want in your theme's index.css

Grammy

I just finished changing a lot of my own forum colors so I'll just add that you can save yourself a lot of trouble if you try right-clicking first on certain parts you want to change to determine if they are CSS hex color or an actual image.  If a section is an image, you can simply change it in Photoshop, Gimp, etc., until you're happy with it.  Yours looks like a custom theme so you might also want to post on your theme's support thread.   :)

RizwaN

Quote from: Grammy on June 29, 2016, 07:29:12 AM
I just finished changing a lot of my own forum colors so I'll just add that you can save yourself a lot of trouble if you try right-clicking first on certain parts you want to change to determine if they are CSS hex color or an actual image.  If a section is an image, you can simply change it in Photoshop, Gimp, etc., until you're happy with it.  Yours looks like a custom theme so you might also want to post on your theme's support thread.   :)
I just want to know about the changing Categ. ( Shoutbox Title etc... ) name Background

br360

The code I posted above would change the color of the titles/names in the category bars. ;)

RizwaN

Quote from: br360 on July 01, 2016, 01:17:22 PM
The code I posted above would change the color of the titles/names in the category bars. ;)
Yeah you are right color has been changed, but i want to change its background  :)

Sir Osis of Liver

That would depend on the theme.  In default Curve, those backgrounds come from a sprite - /images/theme/main_block.png.  Don't recognize the theme you're using, but it may be different.  Best to contact the theme author.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Having another look, the category background is not a gradient, so it's probably not a sprite.  Look for 7D0EA6 in /css/index.css, but careful what you change, same color is used for buttons, and possibly elsewhere.

- R. Waters

Irisado

Quote from: RizwaN on July 02, 2016, 12:44:09 AM
Yeah you are right color has been changed, but i want to change its background  :)

Which theme are you using?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sir Osis of Liver

He's using Apple, but it's been pretty much modded and colors have been changed.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: