News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hiding Certain Threads in a Board

Started by spitfire80, June 29, 2016, 03:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire80

Hello again, all.

Is it possible to hide certain threads/topics within a larger board? I know entire boards can be hidden from view from certain membergroups if wanted, but Ive never seen an option to hide individual topics within a board. (And maybe there is no way to do this)?

Thanks in advance, as always.

Illori

that is not possible by default. i dont know if any mod exists to do what you want.

spitfire80

Thank you. I have looked thru all of the various Admin Board settings and have never seen a box to tick, to perform this function, in either this version of the software or previous.

But I wanted to ask, in case it was located in another area and I had maybe overlooked it.

aegersz

i use the "admin_only" (or "only_admin") BBC code mod to hide the thread's contents from all but admins, occasionally.

just a thought ...
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

what keeps a non-admin from quoting that post and reading the content that was posted just for admin?

aegersz

nothing but member ignorance, i hope - if they can't see it then why quote it ? BUT i do take your point though as you are right, it's not foolproof (I hadn't thought of that).

quoting defeats it's function. damn !

forget about my bad idea.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: