News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Cannot connect to database

Started by TriX, July 02, 2016, 11:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriX

Guys, I'm Actually Creating an SMF Forum, I Did Everything but When I Opened the Installation Page. The Step 3: Database Settings Give me Error.

I Wrote The MySql Username, host, Pass. but its Giving me Following Error

" !!Critical Error!
Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data.

If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.
Access denied for user 'a7268122_Fstdmho'@'10.1.1.36' (using password: YES)

Help me With it, Thanks

Arantor

Did you give that user access to your database? In most cPanel setups you can create the user just fine but you need to say that the user has access to the relevant database in order for it to work out.

TriX

Well, Actually I don't understood What you're Talking about, but I Wrote The Username.

Arantor

Talk me through exactly what you did in cPanel - you made a database user for your site, right?

TriX

Yeah, I Made Database in MySql. Where It Asked me Following Things:

MySQL database name:

MySQL user name:

Password for MySQL user:

Enter password again:

& Down There Was Written Create Database, I Clicked on it. Than My Database Was Created. It Showed me MySQL DatabaseMySQL UserMySQL Host.

I Went on File Manager, Uploaded SMF Files, Clicked on Install & At the 3rd Step Wrote Everything it Asked me after Pressing Continue It Showed me the Error That i've Reported up There.

Arantor

So you made a database in MySQL, that's the first step.

In cPanel you then have to have a user - which I think you have done too.

The next step is to tell MySQL that the user you made can access the database you made... it should be in cPanel to do this.

TriX

I did Everything that you've Typed & That MySQL was in Cpanel, Clicked on it Made Database, Made No Mistake While pasting That Username, host, Database. But Still Got Error. That's Suprising :/

Arantor

So you made the database, which is good. The step you didn't do, while in cPanel, was to attach the user to the database - it's the next section down the Databases page in cPanel...

TriX

I don't See anything like Attach user to the database, Can you Explain it More Briefly, Btw I'm Using 000webhost.

Arantor

Ugh, I haven't used 000webhost in years because I learned how terrible they are at hosting :( Not sure how to do it in their strange configuration panel any more, sorry (and I'm not impressed that they managed to leak some of my account details last time they were hacked)

TriX

Can you Tell anyother hosting Sites Where I Can Easily Install SMF Files, So I Can Check them out.
I don't need anything from or Concerning 000webhost, Just Need a Forum of SMF & That's it.

TriX

Shambles

Quote from: TriX on July 02, 2016, 01:44:31 PM
BUMP!

Are you serious? Bumping after 9 minutes?

Combined with the ridiculous thread title I'm surprised you've had any responses so far.

Irisado

Trix, please refrain from bumping topics within 24 hours.  Also, in future, please post a more descriptive subject title, as this will help you to receive assistance more easily.  For further information about how to post on the forum, please see this topic: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228939.0.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

TriX

Quote from: Shambles on July 02, 2016, 01:52:18 PM
Quote from: TriX on July 02, 2016, 01:44:31 PM
BUMP!

Are you serious? Bumping after 9 minutes?

Combined with the ridiculous thread title I'm surprised you've had any responses so far.
I Need the Solution of this Problem as fast as Possible, & Why i Replied So late to the last Thread this so because I was having a problem which i don't think i have to illustrate here.
I Myself Thought that I'll get Solution for this problem from this Place, but Still didn't got solution of this problem.
You Guys Call yourself SMF hero, So Why don't help me except Warning me or Saying me that you can't "BUMP! Topics within 24 hours " or Blah Blah...
I Respect your Community's / Forum Rules but I Just came here to get the solution of my problem.

Shambles

Quote from: TriX
I Respect your Community's / Forum Rules ...

Read the link Irisado posted

TriX

Quote from: Shambles on July 02, 2016, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: TriX
I Respect your Community's / Forum Rules ...

Read the link Irisado posted
I've Read them, but I didn't come here to read the rules only. I Need the Solution for the problem aswell.

Sir Osis of Liver

What are you using for $db_server in Settings.php?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

TriX

$db_server = 'mysql11.000webhost.com

That's What I've found there.

Irisado

Quote from: TriX on July 02, 2016, 03:07:30 PM
You Guys Call yourself SMF hero, So Why don't help me except Warning me or Saying me that you can't "BUMP! Topics within 24 hours " or Blah Blah...

SMF Hero is a post count based membergroup, it does not reflect the ability of any individual to provide support.

Disrespectful comments like the one I have quoted will not help your cause.  Everyone here needs help and the volunteers here do their best to answer as promptly as possible, but vague topic titles are less likely to be prioritised, and there are fewer people online at weekends, so you will have to be patient.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: