News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Guests Viewing Board Index Only

Started by Debbie3, July 07, 2016, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debbie3

Is there a way to allow guests to see the board index page only?

I tried a mod called view only board but received errors and it warned me not to installed.

Thank you

Grammy

Quote from: Debbie3 on July 07, 2016, 05:13:49 PM
Is there a way to allow guests to see the board index page only?

I tried a mod called view only board but received errors and it warned me not to installed.

Thank you

Hi, Debbie, just wondered which zip you downloaded?  The last one on the list parses for 2.0.11 (if that's your SMF version) but if you have a custom theme, you just have to manually edit your templates, once installing.  (But you need to back up all the files the mod parses, first.)   :)

Debbie3

Hi Grammy I downloaded view_only_boards_1.2c.zip  but I did not know I had to edit my files, I use vertex theme. Do I edit the file before I install?

Grammy

Quote from: Debbie3 on July 08, 2016, 07:33:46 AM
Hi Grammy I downloaded view_only_boards_1.2c.zip  but I did not know I had to edit my files, I use vertex theme. Do I edit the file before I install?

On my test sites, I switch to default and, if the mod installs cleanly, then I go to that mod's parsing instructions and place the manual edits in my custom theme's templates.  Then I switch back and check to see that it's okay.  I'd back up all my files, though; just pull current copies from the server and tuck in a folder on your desktop.  Then drag your theme's templates onto your desktop and edit and upload.  It looks like the only template you'd have to edit would be BoardIndex.template.php   :)

That theme's author might be able to help you, if it's still supported.  If not, maybe posting on the Coding board?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Debbie3

there were many files with errors that failed and the warning was do not install this mod

Advertisement: