News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need users to confirm that they read a topic.

Started by Jeare, July 16, 2016, 10:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeare

Hello,

I am hoping that I could find some direction to a feature that I am looking for.  I have a list of topics on a board.  I want users to be able to click on a button or link that I include in the topic.  By clicking that button or link, their username is added to a list that I, the admin, can then pull up later and see who has confirmed reading each topic.

If possible, I would also like to be able to see who of select membergroups have not confirmed to reading the topic.

I have tried searching through the various available mods, but have been unable to find something that can accomplish this.  I am fairly new to this site, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I am grateful for any assistance in finding something like this.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeare

Thank you very much for your reply.

I think the Force Topic Read on Login mod may work.  I'll give it a try.

Edit:  It had no effect.  I'll keep looking.

oOo--STAR--oOo

You could install a like mod, that logs everyone who has clicked like and shows under the post.

There are many ways you can go about this, but if you want something specific then it would need to be coded specifically to your design.

Just an opinion, you can't really force anyone to read a topic, I know most people will simply click the button and not even read it anyway... Is it really worth implementing? You could have a notification in the NEWS section of the forum with an alert telling them to read a post... The news section can be found in the admin centre.

You can also send them an email or a PM, with regards to what information you wish for them to read from the newsletter section.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Kindred

Quote from: Jeare on July 21, 2016, 12:23:28 AM

it had no effect?

What specifically did you test?
Did you actually CONFIGURE the mod and test with a non-admin user?

I use that mod on two sites and it works just as advertised
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeare

Quote from: Kindred on July 21, 2016, 11:23:12 AM
Quote from: Jeare on July 21, 2016, 12:23:28 AM

it had no effect?

What specifically did you test?
Did you actually CONFIGURE the mod and test with a non-admin user?

I use that mod on two sites and it works just as advertised

Yea I configured it and tested it with a user and a test account.  Maybe I did it wrong?  I'll give it another try.

Advertisement: