News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMTP Mail not working

Started by BelkoSenpai, July 23, 2016, 12:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BelkoSenpai

Hi, I would like to request a little bit of help. So I read a lot of the threads about the "SMTP Mail not working" or "Mail not working" and i couldn't find a solution so this is my SMTP Set up:

And my Web-Master email is the same as the one on picture.
After that set up when I try to make a new account I don't get the registration email and i get these errors:

And this one:

skb

I'm also using SMTP. I've used the server IP in place of name. Second, I think the p/w should be your cPanel p/w.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

BelkoSenpai

I just tryed with the cPanel pw and I get the same errors.

Jailer

I use mailgun and my settings are different than yours.

Try removing the ssl:// from the SMTP server line and change the port to 587.

BelkoSenpai

I just tryed it and I still get the same errors.

BelkoSenpai

Do you guys need more info about something to guide me because i dont know what am i doing wrong i tried to set it up in all kind of ways read a lot of threads on forums i spend like 2 days trying to set it up. If someone could just guide me like from the begin what i should do to set up so i try like that too.

Grammy

I don't know a lot about this, but have you tried changing it from SMTP to PHP, leaving the SMTP server blank and having only the port, username and password filled in?  (I realize it's different for everyone but it's worth a try; you can always change it back.)  My port is set to 25.

Weekends are slower here, but someone who actually knows some stuff will be by here sooner or later.   :)

BelkoSenpai

GRAMMY YOU ARE A FAKING LEGEND DUDE I FIXED MY PHP MAIL WORKS LIKE A CHARM DUDE YOU ARE A FAKING LEGEND, this is what i was talking about i just needed a faking push cuz i am like 30h+ with out sleep already xD

Grammy

Quote from: BelkoSenpai on July 24, 2016, 08:23:49 AM
GRAMMY YOU ARE A FAKING LEGEND DUDE I FIXED MY PHP MAIL WORKS LIKE A CHARM DUDE YOU ARE A FAKING LEGEND, this is what i was talking about i just needed a faking push cuz i am like 30h+ with out sleep already xD

I'm a girl-type, ha!  Glad you got it working!  Get some sleep.   :D

BelkoSenpai

Quote from: Grammy on July 24, 2016, 08:24:59 AM
I'm a girl-type, ha!  Glad you got it working!  Get some sleep.   :D

Doesn't matter you are still a legend  8)

Advertisement: