News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

I cant get AP

Started by ori0n, July 23, 2016, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ori0n

I have moved my smf to another server and now when I try to go to admin panel there is an error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function createMenu() in /home/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/Sources/Admin.php on line 576

whats wrong?

Grammy

Quote from: ori0n on July 23, 2016, 02:18:20 PM
I have moved my smf to another server and now when I try to go to admin panel there is an error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function createMenu() in /home/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/Sources/Admin.php on line 576

whats wrong?

Have you tried running repair_settings.php?

The link is in my sig; you can click it to download the file, put it in your forum's root directory and navigate to it.  Check it to make sure all your links and paths are correct, click the suggestions, if they differ.  Then save and remove the file from your server.  Hope that helps.   

ori0n

Quote from: Grammy on July 23, 2016, 02:21:54 PM
Quote from: ori0n on July 23, 2016, 02:18:20 PM

whats wrong?

Have you tried running repair_settings.php?

The link is in my sig; you can click it to download the file, put it in your forum's root directory and navigate to it.  Check it to make sure all your links and paths are correct, click the suggestions, if they differ.  Then save and remove the file from your server.  Hope that helps.

I tried to use repair_settings.php but does not work for me.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_extra_init() in /home/domains/mysite.com/public_html/repair_settings.php on line 325
I changed the paths in my database and I have changed settings.php file too.

Shambles

repair_settings won't fix this.

In your Sources directory, is there a file named Subs-Menu.php and one called DbExtra-mysql.php?

ori0n

Quote from: Shambles on July 23, 2016, 02:59:01 PM
repair_settings won't fix this.

In your Sources directory, is there a file named Subs-Menu.php and one called DbExtra-mysql.php?

There are these files

Shambles

Ok. When you moved your forum, did you take over a copy of Settings.php (from your root directory).

If so, you may need to inspect that file and ensure the declaration of $sourcedir (and $boarddir & $cachedir) reflects your new location.

ori0n

Quote from: Shambles on July 23, 2016, 03:39:50 PM
Ok. When you moved your forum, did you take over a copy of Settings.php (from your root directory).

If so, you may need to inspect that file and ensure the declaration of $sourcedir (and $boarddir & $cachedir) reflects your new location.

everything is correct

Shambles

Does the rest of your forum work ok?

ori0n

Quote from: Shambles on July 23, 2016, 04:01:56 PM
Does the rest of your forum work ok?

3 things are wrong
- profile link: Fatal error: Call to undefined function createMenu() in /home/domains/mysite.com/public_html/Sources/Profile.php on line 370
- other users profiles link: Fatal error: Call to undefined function createMenu() in /home/domains/mysite.com/public_html/Sources/Profile.php on line 370
- messages link: Fatal error: Call to undefined function createMenu() in /home/domains/mysite.com/public_html/Sources/PersonalMessage.php on line 413

Shambles

Can you attach your  Subs-Menu.php file?

ori0n

Quote from: Shambles on July 23, 2016, 04:26:04 PM
Can you attach your  Subs-Menu.php file?

I can see now.
subs-menu.php - 0kb
Subs-PortalAdmin.php - 0kb
Subs-PrettyUrls.php - 0kb
DbExtra-mysql.php - same
ManageMail.php - same
ManagePosts.php - same

What have to do now?

Shambles

Can you retrieve them from your backup, or former host?

I guessed you had issues with the file contents. Somehow, you need to restore proper copies of those files, even if it's from a fresh download of SMF.

Keep going - you're getting close.

Advertisement: