News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Changes on index.css wont work

Started by Zela, July 23, 2016, 06:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zela

I have a problem. I installed one theme from DzinerStudio. I edited some colors and fonts in index.css, i saved those edited lines. But when i try to refresh main page of the forum it wont load what i already edit. When i go to preview theme, when im in index.css of that theme i can see result of my work, but after i save that and realod main page it wont work. I also tried hard refresh and everything, clearing cache but it wont work. Please help. 🙂

Grammy

Quote from: Zela on July 23, 2016, 06:05:36 PM
I have a problem. I installed one theme from DzinerStudio. I edited some colors and fonts in index.css, i saved those edited lines. But when i try to refresh main page of the forum it wont load what i already edit. When i go to preview theme, when im in index.css of that theme i can see result of my work, but after i save that and realod main page it wont work. I also tried hard refresh and everything, clearing cache but it wont work. Please help. 🙂

Hi.  You would need to find your theme HERE and ask the theme author.   :)

Illori

Quote from: Zela on July 23, 2016, 06:05:36 PM
I have a problem. I installed one theme from DzinerStudio.

you would be best to ask the theme author on their website. which you should be aware of when you downloaded the theme.

Kindred

Also, when you make CSS changes, you may have to clear both the server and local cache
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

If you put this in .htaccess in your forum root, browser should load edits immediately -

# NEVER CACHE
<FilesMatch "\.(txt|htm|html|php|css)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate"
</FilesMatch>

I know, it's not supposed to work, but been using it for years and always does.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

but then you lose all the advantages of using a cache
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

True, but few (if any) of the forums I've worked on have sufficient activity that it would make any difference.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: