News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Password Recovery emails are not being sent

Started by FirstSpeaker, July 24, 2016, 07:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FirstSpeaker

ALL other emails work fine. I can send an email to a user through the memberlist, they get warning emails, they get notifications. JUST the email to send the password-reset link never sends the email, or it never arrives. There's no error message in the log saying the send failed. I put the testmail script in and it succeeded, and I received the email. (I removed it afterward!)

I can't find where I may have missed some configuration setting, or where I munged something up. I've looked through the site at a couple-dozen posts, but they're all old and I'm not having the problems they describe. I'm not using Gmail to send, I'm on the standard PHP and it works for everything else. I tried to get SMTP working and I couldn't get it to work.

Please let me know if you can think of anything I can look for, or a link if I missed the resolution of this problem.

Gwen

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

FirstSpeaker

SMF 2.0.11
No mods at all.
forum.pinkpistols.org

Sir Osis of Liver

Does it ever work?  Saw this problem recently on another forum, pw reminder sometimes worked, sometimes not.  Went back to have a closer look, but it was working fine. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

FirstSpeaker

I've never seen it work. It silently fails. No error in the error log, but no mail ever received. All other mail in the system works fine.

dan4ever

/Dan Olsson, Webmaster at https://www.guldforum.se

Sir Osis of Liver

Ask your host to check server logs, see if they come up with anything.  There may be something different about pw reminder emails that's tripping a security block.  AFAIK, nothing has changed in SMF that could be causing this.

- R. Waters

dan4ever

The host ask wich adress it's sending from , they can't find any outgoing mail at that time.  Looks like it works sometime.
/Dan Olsson, Webmaster at https://www.guldforum.se

d3vcho

Another user posted this error in the Spanish Forum. He checked the Mail Queue (Admin/Maintenance/Mail.../Browse Queue).

Have you ever tried this??
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

leghorn23

Have you checked the server level logs for outgoing? Sometimes it can be helpful in figuring our what the actual issue is. I'm assuming you already checked your spam folder :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: dan4ever on July 27, 2016, 05:09:54 AM
The host ask wich adress it's sending from

All forum emails are sent from Admin -> Server Settings -> Webmaster Email Address.

- R. Waters

sky23

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 29, 2016, 10:14:47 PM
Quote from: dan4ever on July 27, 2016, 05:09:54 AM
The host ask wich adress it's sending from

All forum emails are sent from Admin -> Server Settings -> Webmaster Email Address.

?? we talk about v. 2.0.11, it looks this way, the picture shows

Irisado

It's in the General section from that list.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: