News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

users cant upload attachments

Started by elmaniatiko, July 24, 2016, 10:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmaniatiko

my users cant upload attachments to their post, the files uploads to 87% and after that it restarts back to 0% and get and error (connection reset), i can upload small files 1-2mb but when i try to upload bigger files i get that error

br360

Welcome to SMF. :)

I'm going to guess that you are not using version 2.1 so I am moving this to 2.0.x support.

In regards to your attachments, try increasing the size limitations in your admin panel. Admin>Forum>Attachments and Avatars> Attachment Settings

aegersz

You also may need to look outside of the wonderful SMF forum settings so if the above advice doesn't work then check out: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-apache-increase-php-upload-limit/
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: