News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Uninstall removing package

Started by aerolite, July 27, 2016, 09:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolite

Hello there,

It has been a while since I last modified my SMF. I was trying to uninstall a package.

It leads me to FTP Information Required

I put in my FTP information, I copied the settings from Settings.php. The "Test Connection" button takes forever to load, so I just clicked on proceed. This takes about 5 minutes of loading, then it just refreshes the page. Like nothing happen

This is the screen I was talking about

aegersz

I would ignore the FTP stuff and click on the red "here" - it will show you what filed need to be "chmod 777" or whatever ... get that sorted and try again as it will stop you from proceeding.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

Settings.php contains database credentials, not ftp.  You need to look in the ftp section of your host control panel for ftp creds.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

777 is blocked in some server configs.  Directories should be 755, files 644.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aerolite

Got it. I just have to change the permission to 755 and it works. Thank you so much guys!

Advertisement: