having two Forums on same hosting package

Started by punchy, July 28, 2016, 02:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

punchy

Hi All,

I have a website and use the SMF forum as my main forum, but i need to have a seperate form set up for Employees only and i wanted to install it on a separate directory as below

www.mysite.co.uk/forums    - general forum for all

www.mysite.co.uk/private     - seperate forum for employees only

i can't have one forum and set permissions as the content is totally different, so what i need to know with 2 databases running and 2 separate forums can this work without too much hassle??

Colin

Hi Punchy,

Is this a free or paid help request. If you are just looking for general community Q/A support please make your post here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=147.0

You can certainly set up 2 SMF instances without any hassles. Based on your post it seems that the two different forums aren't needing to share any data (members, posts, etc...). If that is so it is very easy to set up 2 installations.

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Irisado

Moved to 2.0.x Support, since it's not worded like a Paid/Free Help Request topic.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

punchy

Quote from: Colin on July 28, 2016, 02:58:16 AM
Hi Punchy,

You can certainly set up 2 SMF instances without any hassles. Based on your post it seems that the two different forums aren't needing to share any data (members, posts, etc...). If that is so it is very easy to set up 2 installations.

thanks Colin

I've set two up and i'm impressed. Thanks

Advertisement: