News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Switching # of Posts and # of Topics

Started by Siirist, July 28, 2016, 11:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Hi,

Last time I made a request like this in 2.0.x Support, it was moved here. Thus, I am going to post this here under the belief that it belongs here.

I don't think this is a .css "thing", yet, I have confidence that there is a method of doing this.

On my forum(s), the number of posts is above the number of topics, like this:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
General Discussions                                                                                                                           4 Posts
This is a place where you can talk about training topics that are not covered below.                         4 Topics
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and I want to make it look like this:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
General Discussions                                                                                                                           4 Topics
This is a place where you can talk about training topics that are not covered below.                         4 Posts
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also included a screenshot.

EDIT: My reason for this, is that when I see:
General Discussions                                                                                                                           12 Posts
This is a place where you can talk about training topics that are not covered below.                         4 Topics
I think that there is 12 Topics

What are your thoughts on this?

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

d3vcho

I like how it is displayed because you can mentally say when you read it: "12 posts in 4 topics". I would not change it.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Illori

Siirist

Quote from: d3vcho on July 28, 2016, 11:22:13 AM
I like how it is displayed because you can mentally say when you read it: "12 posts in 4 topics". I would not change it.

d3vcho, thank you for your words. Even though we are all different, you do have a point.  :)
As the "Site Custodian" for the forum in question, I guess I need to consider that my thoughts are not everyone's thoughts.  :-X
I think of it as 4 Topics with 12 Posts.  ::)

As there is no traffic at this time, I am inclined to believe that this is the time to make such an "adjustment" as it doesn't effect anyone.

Quote from: Illori on July 28, 2016, 11:23:37 AM
maybe http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4029 would do the job for you?

Thanks Illori  :D
I always appreciate when members share their knowledge of a link, because I don't know what words I would use for such a search.

I will check that out.   ;)
EDIT: That is soooo cool!  ;D   Really like the "layout".  The Mod is pretty heavy (make a lot of edits), but does "magic", so yeah, will present it to the forum owner. Again, thank you.   :)

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: