Board inaccessible after install

Started by KenPaulson, July 30, 2016, 02:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenPaulson

I finished the install, but as soon as I tried to view the forum for the first time I just got a blank page. I checked the error log and saw:

[Sat Jul 30 01:45:28 2016] [error] [client 50.149.229.238] PHP Warning:  require_once(/var/www/html/mmg/www/smf/Sources/QueryString.php): failed to open
stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/mmg/www/smf/index.php on line 51
[Sat Jul 30 01:45:28 2016] [error] [client 50.149.229.238] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/mmg/www/smf/Sources/
QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/mmg/www/smf/index.php on line 51

I Googled the issue and:
- The Settings.php has settings and they look correct
- QueryString.php exists and is readable
ls -l  /var/www/html/mmg/www/smf/Sources/QueryString.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 ec2-user apache 20394 Sep 17  2014 /var/www/html/mmg/www/smf/Sources/QueryString.php

Ideas?

KenPaulson

Since it was a new install, I blew it away and tried again. It seems to be working, but I don't know what I did differently.

Kindred

I am betting that you did the first install by uploading the files via ftp and the second one by uploading in your hosting file manager...

some hosts seem to delete one (or more) files automatically when they are loaded via ftp because the host (incorrectly) thinks that the file is a hack because it has sendmail or various query strings in it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: