News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

phpbb 3.0.12 to SMF. Not working.

Started by sturmkatze, July 30, 2016, 02:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sturmkatze

I guess I could try to set BOTH forums up LOCALLY on my wamp server, but it doesn't work now, since upgrading to Win 10.  Well, the Apache part won't come on. Doesn't matter as I am not a code person. I don't do this for fun...  I do not make the site/forum work. I would NEVER have set up the forum w/ phpbb, but that was someone else--I am trying to fix that. I LIKE SMF.

Anyway, are there no other ideas? It was traumatic to move the phpbb3 from the other guy's private server to the organization's web space. All I want is to move form the phpbb3 which I believe to be kludgy, to SMF. Don't get me wrong, it has a couple of neat things, but not enough to keep using it. If I can't get this going, well, the forum will die. It sucks enough now, that it is hard to get people using. :o

margarett

From your printscreen we can see that it didn't even tried to convert anything. I think Ninja is right although I never saw that happening myself (so I can't tell if that's the "expected" behavior in that case or not) and I converted some dozens of forums over the years.

Anyway I can try to do that for you if you're up to it. If you agree, PM me the login to your cPanel or similar control panel. I'll download your phpBB setup to my computer and perform a test conversion to SMF. If it goes well, we need to combine some downtime to perform the operation "live"

Do note that, if Ninja is correct, it is possible that the wrong setting can cause you problems in SMF itself. A phpinfo would help us understand better
What is a phpinfo() file?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

sturmkatze

Advertisement: