how to limit single member permission

Started by sky23, July 31, 2016, 05:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sky23

is this possible?
for example, cut the permissions for downloads of a single member?

Illori

sky23

haha illori, just limit the download section to specific members. cant find these settings, if they exist, only the general permissions

Illori

you mean a mod that you added? you would need to post in the mod support topic so the author can help you. we dont know what mod you have installed and what permissions it may or may not have.

Kindred

in all likelihood, no...   SMF does not apply permissions to any individual user. ALL of SMF's permissions are based on GROUP.

So...  you could create a new group with the permission that you want DENIED and assign only that one user to that group
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on July 31, 2016, 08:40:07 AM
in all likelihood, no...   SMF does not apply permissions to any individual user. ALL of SMF's permissions are based on GROUP.

So...  you could create a new group with the permission that you want DENIED and assign only that one user to that group

Exactly, my thought.

I would "Deny" the "View Attachments" permission (see attached screenshot) for that membergorup only.
Always be careful when using the "Deny" (software even has a pop-up warning), if it is set for "Regular Members" none of your post count groups will be able to "View Attachments".

I believe would be effective (though I may be wrong  O:) )

Have a great weekend,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Illori

this does not seem to deal with attachment rather some type of download mod that the op has added.

Advertisement: