News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Confused on where to post

Started by Siirist, August 01, 2016, 05:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Hi,

Well this is a poser. Some of the "concerns / requests" are SMF, some are Mods, some are Theme, and lastly, some are "coding (discussion).
If the "Gods" will it, you have the power to remove / delete, but let me know so that I can try to break them down and post on what I think is the appropriate board.

By the way, this is PAID help, but please be gentle.

Help Wanted (not for support)
This board is not for support:
Please do not use this boards for posting about problems you are experiencing with SMF.
Please ensure you use the SMF 1.x Support or SMF 2.x Support boards for any SMF issues, and the Modifications and Packages board for help with mods downloaded from the SMF Customization site. 
Additionally, if you need assistance with a PHP/HTML/MySQL problem please be sure to use the Scripting Help board.
Finally, any assistance required modifying a template is probably best suited for the Graphics/Templates board.

Here is what I need done

• Want dogs in the background (a margins) yet have the copyright readable - image attached
  • Get Logo back - image attached
  • Fix New Topic Button - image attached
  • Fix Mod in Admin Area for Personal Message Warning - image attached
  • Fix Menu as follows:

• Align with the "line" in the template - image attached
    • Modify so that the words "Admin, Moderate, Profile, My Messages, Calendar, and Members" are NOT clickable
  • Modify "Admin" dropdown to:

• "Back-Up" = Forum Maintenance > Database
    • "Boards"
    • "Membergroups"
    • "Package Manager"
  • Modify "Profile" dropdown to:

• "Summary"
    • "Account Settings"
    • "Forum Profile"
    • "Look and Layout"
    • "Paid Subscriptions"
    • "Request Group Membership" = Modify Profile > Group Membership
  • Advance Profile Fields Needed:

• Notation = "Members, these facts can help others"
    • "Breed?"
    • "Age?"
    • "Special Needs/Challenges?"
    • "What you feed and how much?"
    • "HomeMade Food? What and How much?"
    • "Special Dietary Needs?"
    • "Excersize Level (1-10)?"

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Irisado

Everything that you want someone else to actually do for you by having an account on your forum and actually doing the work in person belongs in the Help Wanted board.  Everything that you want explained to you through replies on the forum, but that you actually do the work yourself belongs in the appropriate board for the subject being discussed.

I hope that clarifies things for you :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Siirist

Hey Irisado,

So "you" do it for me = Help Wanted Board
and
"you" tell me how I do it = on the "appropriate board.

Got it.

Thanks,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

skb

Siirist,

I'm not SMF competent enough to help you, but here are some thoughts that might help.

For your Menu requirements, there are a number of custom/alternative menu mods that can do the job. The rest seem to be css fixes. Look and play with the index.css. You might be able to achieve your goals.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Siirist

Quote from: skb on August 01, 2016, 11:56:49 PM
Siirist,

I'm not SMF competent enough to help you, but here are some thoughts that might help.

For your Menu requirements, there are a number of custom/alternative menu mods that can do the job. The rest seem to be css fixes. Look and play with the index.css. You might be able to achieve your goals.

Hi skb,

In the past I have had a senior member assist me as PAID Help.
That person was "working on" some of these concerns when they stopped coming to SMF for sometime and nothing was improving on our forum.
However, they saw that I posted this and have started correcting the concerns (has about 40% of them "fixed").

Thank you for your ideas as they appear to be sound.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:

Advertisement: