Can we list and discuss our site's current mod list (manual changes etc.) ?

Started by aegersz, August 05, 2016, 02:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Hi, i have nearly 100 mods on and it took some time to get them to fit and i have learned a bit in doing do.

I thought it might be handy to have a place where we can discuss the order and manual changes required to get a large number of mods to coexist ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

The problem with that is that everyone has different mods to coexist, and the number of permutations of mods is simply too large to meaningfully discuss :(

For example, the forum I'm working on will have precisely zero of those mods but will have other mods that no one else will have, working on a theme no one else will have either...

aegersz

yeah, good point.

Too many permutations would make it kind of pointless too, i agree.

oh well, just a thought ... i was just reviewing my list of mods and thought about the sweat involved etc. but no matter.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

WOW !! -- did you have to make many manual changes to get some to fit ?

Kindred

some... not too much.

most of the changes which had to be manually applied were only because some other mod had inserted code between other lines

line 1
line 2
mod code
line 3

or variable1, variable2, modvariable, variable3

in those cases, it was simple...  only one or two became slightly tougher because a previous mod actually REMOVED code.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: