Integrating smf inside regular website

Started by Kiori, August 06, 2016, 06:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiori

So what i want is for smf to exist inside a certain part of the website.
Namely i need the header and footer to be independent so when and action reloads the page, it doesnt have to reload everything else, only the content proper.

My original idea was to include the main page inside a <iframe> and go from there. Also i wanted smf' login to be accessible and persistent in another section, so maybe another iframe would come into play.

I've looked into SSI, integration hooks, and theming. And this seems to be feasible.

My question is: is there a better way to do this, is there any optimal way to approach this?

Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Kindred

iframes are bad....   and, as far as I know, SMF will not run in an iframe, because it is a security risk.

integrating your forum into your site (for example, like we do here) can be done by making a header and footer and using them as an include in index.template.php

SSI is for using parts of SMF (like the permissions system or various SMF content within your other pages -- but not as an iframe... as actual includes inside the page code
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kiori

Hi, i've been looking into it, but the docs are scarce. I'm gonna post on the coding section and hope for the best. :D

Posted here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=547938.0

Advertisement: