News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Set a different theme for unregistered guests.

Started by medicMe, August 07, 2016, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

medicMe

Is there a way to set the default theme used based on membership level?

I'd like to have guests see a specific theme, and upon registering, they'd be presented a different theme.

(Say, for instance, unregistered guests would get a theme with ads, and registered users do not see ads.)

Illori

if your goal is to show or hide ads, why not use an ad mod that supports that out of the box rather then trying to keep up more then 1 theme?

Kindred

However, to answer your question... no
SMF does not support displaying a theme assigned by membergroup

If you truly go down that route, you would need to code it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

medicMe

Ok...

Then I'm in the market for an Ad manager that has the ability to show Ads only to specific member groups (or guests.)

As well, I'd love to be able to display different Ads depending on what region of the world the user is from.

Any suggestions for a mod? I don't mind if it's paid so long as it does the above two things.

Illori

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 has permissions for the ads.

i dont think there is any ad mod that supports geo location.

Mead

sorry for bump but if the addon allows php code ads then would it not be possible?  Or could the OP not just add the code to index.template.php with a if command setting the usergroup and the ad?
Sleep Well K@ You May Be Gone But Your Memory Lives On!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Quote from: Kindred on August 07, 2016, 09:12:33 AM
However, to answer your question... no
SMF does not support displaying a theme assigned by membergroup

If you truly go down that route, you would need to code it.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1422

QuoteTheme Permissions

This modification allows you to set group based permissions for your every theme.

Kindred

I don't think that defines a default theme per membergroup -- it just defines the permissions for groups to access/switch to specific themes
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: